Harley Milwaukee Eight engine

Mike Rocket

Rocket 3
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi, I know it's not a Rocket subject but has anyone had experience of the new Harley Milwaukee Eight engine which was introduced last year fitted in new Harley motorcycles? Have they fixed the failures they had with the engines when first introduced?
I have just put down a deposit on a new Road King Special but have since been hearing there are problems with this engine. Any comments from anyone in the know would be welcome. Thanks

rode a 114 fatbob at bike week... it cooked my right thigh (3 holes in heat shield for looks i guess) sitting in traffic... may be as fast as my vtx1800 on paper but didn't feel like it... fuelling was very good, lugged with no problem... be fun to have if i win lotto (with a different exhaust)...

Hi, I know it's not a Rocket subject but has anyone had experience of the new Harley Milwaukee Eight engine which was introduced last year fitted in new Harley motorcycles? Have they fixed the failures they had with the engines when first introduced?
I have just put down a deposit on a new Road King Special but have since been hearing there are problems with this engine. Any comments from anyone in the know would be welcome. Thanks

I am sure they will stand behind the product.

I have tuned a few.
Great improvement to twin cam engines.
And no issues so far.
Depends on who you talk to. Every time Harley comes out with a new design they have problems. The Milwaukee eight is not the exception. Check out the thread Breaking news. The twin cam has its problems but from 2009 and on it is a sound engine.

Depends on who you talk to. Every time Harley comes out with a new design they have problems. The Milwaukee eight is not the exception. Check out the thread Breaking news. The twin cam has its problems but from 2009 and on it is a sound engine.

I have a 2003 twin cam and the only thing I done was the cam chain tensioner. Never let me down.

Back