Harley is SOLD.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Sold the Harley yesterday afternoon. Got a good price but still lost money on the deal. $9,000 to be exact. I have been saving up money for the last five months due to the fact that work has been slow and work at a very small company. Aircraft industry is hurting right now. Well now we are looking at overtime again. Military contract and United Airlines. Got a big raise on Friday due to the R&D work on the military contract. Plus Fed-X is coming out Tuesday to take a look at the place and see if we have the ability to do there work. Reality is the place has two welders and that is it. Myself and the gentleman that trained me 20 plus years ago. I am 62 years old and the gentleman that i work with is 59 years old. Between the two of us we can kick out some parts. Make the young pups look stupid. So with that plus getting this IMG_0962.JPG Keeping the X. That will be my main ride. A very reliable build that is fun to ride. Holds at 168 horse which is nice and reliable. At present have four rockets roadsters that i am looking at and have placed bids on. All 2018 roadsters with less than 15,000 miles. My game plan is to build the ultimate Roadster. Plan on buying the bike and ship it direct to the boys in New Jersey. Plus a complete rework on transmission. 265 kit and transmission should give me a good base to work from. Next will be suspension up grades and a upgrade on the headlights. Next will be to black out as much as possible on the bike. This bike will have no sissy bar or Back seat. Pure toy. Plan on buying a custom seat for the bike solo type. Then after all the upgrades will get a custom paint job. Have a place in northern Oklahoma that is a well known custom paint job company that only deals with motorcycles. Already have a price for a SHADOW RIDER Image done on top of gas tank in the same fashion of the Rocket X paint job. Next will be the fenders and side panels which are all steel and can be done in the same fashion but only this time just a bit wider. Black on polished swirled metal is not cheap. Wife says go for it. Keep it under $30,000 and it is yours. Been looking at all makes and models of new bikes for the last three years and not happy with any of there toys. Hole lot of Gizmos and stuff i will never use or interested in. The price of a new bike along with the Gizmos is around $30,000 dollars. Problem is they lack balls. You get past all the neat toys to make the Ride easy they do not offer much on horse and torque. Figure it took three years and a hole lot of thinking on my Dads question when he saw the Rocket for the first time. He Said " How are you going to top that" Well dad it took three years and a lot of research but it can be done. Hopefully i get it built before he dies Just so i can let him know "Yea We Top That" Been talking a bit with Steel and will continue with his recommendations. Plus plan on using his connections with the boys in jersey to get the most out of the build. Long thread but then again for those that know of my search on how can we top that has involved a lot of down payments and back outs after the fact that the bike i thought i was buying was not all that after a bit of research. I guess the only way to get want you want is to built it yourself. Along with a little help. Figure since there ain't no fix for my lower back i might as well make the best of what time i have riding. Project SHADOW RIDER has began. YES INDEED

Attachments

• IMG_0960.JPG
    IMG_0960.JPG
    372.2 KB · Views: 41
If you're going splitting the cases to do the trans, you might as well stick a Stroker crank in while in there too 😁
And build the most powerful & torquiest NA Rocket in the world

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Your on my list of contacts. Have all ready planned on it prior to shipping to Carpenter. I am really excited about a real 6th gear plus the extra power prior to the 265 Carpenter kit. Figure as this project starts to evolve will need to talk to you and Carpenter to make it happen. I have $30,000 to play with. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back