Harley dealer just can't catch a break.

I hate to see anyone getting ripped off .... especially myself!

The lawn mower dealer I got my Zero turn rider from this summer tried it on me today.
I paid them to pick it up and deliver it, which is fine since I don't have any way to get it there. It wouldn't start right due to a choke spring on the carb that was broken, so since it was still under warranty I had them work on it. They called and told me it wasn't covered and I owed $100. Well, we'll see about that. .....
After calls to Ariens and Briggs and Stratton, the repair was indeed under warranty and the mower will be delivered tomorrow.
It's just laziness plain and simple ... too **** lazy to make the calls themselvs, they can charge the customer more than the warranty will pay, so they just think I'm stupid.

I just imagine how many people the HD dealer screwed over, and if he puts unscrupulous people in charge of his departments .... well maybe he deserved that one. Probably paid the guy next to nothing and exposed him to his scheister ways of doing business. He got the idea somewhere .....

The HD shop in question here is a very good shop the service department gets some bad mouthing but what shop does not, it is a well run shop and the charity work that they do is second to none in this area so before we start ripping them apart I just thought I would give you a little insight about them, plus they use me quite a bit for any plumbing or gas needs that they have and they pay me on the spot.:D
The toys for tots run this Sunday is hosted by the said HD shop we usually have around fourteen hundred bikes show up all with presents for the needy kids in the area.

Even though Harley's as a bike pretty much suck, that doesn't mean they don't have some good people working there. Not knowing anyone who works there gives me reason to think that, just maybe, the owner got stuck with a bad employee who was good at hiding what he did till he was caught.

Dennis

20 dtg KAF
25 dtg Dubai
26 dtg London

79 dtg Dubai
80 dtg Home (Thunderbird time and, hopefully, R3T ordering time)

I've got a bad taste in my mouth right now from dealers in general. Either I have poor judgment in choosing them or there aren't any around me. I ask the questions, check the product and think I'm getting good answers. But so far, well ... you guys have heard me complain.
Bowersox Lawn and Garden did the same **** thing every other one around here has ... made me do the leg work to get warranty coverage. I hate that.

I despise thieves. I especially despise thieves that think they can out smart an Accountant. We (Accountants) have an old saying that Mother Nature stole from us:

"It's not nice to fool an Accountant."

You may get away with it for a bit, but we'll be on you soon enough. Anyone that even remotely understands accounting knows stuff like this will be revealed sooner or later, sooner more often than not. It's really not that hard of a concept. It's called a "balance" sheet for a reason. If liabilities, expenses, etc... don't tie to inventory, cash, good will, etc..., we will look into why. If it's minor (few thousand in a multi-million dollar business), we may write it off to rounding, etc... $562K? No way! We WILL find it! :p

Dave,

Sorry, but Tony is a CLASS A, CERTIFIED TOOL! Joe (the manager) is a nice guy, however.

Sorry, but Tony is a CLASS A, CERTIFIED TOOL! Joe (the manager) is a nice guy, however

Agree with you on that one Daryl I do try to steer away from Tony when I go into the shop,:eek: Joe and his wife are nice people I was thinking of buying Joe a pair of platform shoes for xmas so as he could see over the counter. ;)

Those transplanted Scots....so thoughtful:D.

Dennis

20 dtg KAF
25 dtg Dubai
26 dtg London

79 dtg Dubai
80 dtg Home (Thunderbird time and, hopefully, R3T ordering time)

Back