Supercharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
10% of time adjusting everything
15% of time finding and fixing squeaks
10% of the time showing it off to your fellow Harley Owners at HOG meetings
10% of your time working overtime to make the payments on it
50% of time in shop

That leaves 5% of your time with your bike for riding it.

*not bashing the shield but i saw this had to pass on ;)

10% of time adjusting everything
15% of time finding and fixing squeaks
10% of the time showing it off to your fellow Harley Owners at HOG meetings
10% of your time working overtime to make the payments on it
50% of time in shop

That leaves 5% of your time with your bike for riding it.

*not bashing the shield but i saw this had to pass on ;)

When combing the original purchase price with repair costs, 5% of your time is all your going to have gas money for anyway o_O

I dare say Harley riders would have something simular to say about Rockets if they had ever heard of them, brand rivalry exists in every thing cars,trucks, boats even Caravans,it's all good fun until someone takes it seriously, my sports bike riding mates all reckon any bikes other than Japanese made are just not reliable with poor quality control at time of manufacture it's hard to argue with some of them riding them high mileage ridden hard bullet proof bikes, but I will stick with the Rocket to try and prove them wrong:cautious::cautious:

I dare say Harley riders would have something simular to say about Rockets if they had ever heard of them, brand rivalry exists in every thing cars,trucks, boats even Caravans,it's all good fun until someone takes it seriously, my sports bike riding mates all reckon any bikes other than Japanese made are just not reliable with poor quality control at time of manufacture it's hard to argue with some of them riding them high mileage ridden hard bullet proof bikes, but I will stick with the Rocket to try and prove them wrong:cautious::cautious:
I almost bought an HD Wide Glide before the triumph until i seen what the common issues were, and some were pretty major, then all of the costs associated with fixing and customizing to make it my bike, then the insane insurance cost just because it is an HD, Luckily i found the R3 and it already had all of the mods i would have to do done, and some i wouldn't have even thought of, who ever owned this bike before me put some heft money into upgrades and the price, although high i couldn't complain about for what i was getting, and insurance was actually way cheaper then i expected, though i don't think the broker had any idea what he was insuring, it was cheap enough that i had to keep asking him if he got the right bike.

Longevity, we will see how that goes, do i expect it to get the 550,000km that i got out of 83 Goldwing, or the 194,000km that my 89 Goldwing is sitting at, probably not, but hey as long it keeps running and keeps the grin on my face, i'll be one super happy camper, i'm thinking the Goldwing is going to be pretty lonely this year. this 3-4 months of winter that we have been getting the last few years is killing me. roads are clear so i'm almost debating getting the skidoo suit on and going out riding, and freezing, and enjoying every minute of it.

Back