sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Went on a nice poker run yesterday and had a lot of fun. A lot of good people. Ran across a guy on a CVO with a 120r Harley engine. He paid a extra $10,000 thousand dollars for this motor. claimed it had 141 horse power. On the last leg of the poker run he ran up beside me and challenged the Rocket. The four people I was running with moved out of the way. Long open highway in front of us, no traffic to speak of so off we went. He was very disappointed. The guy would not even speak to me when we got to the end of the run. A lot of people were totally amazed at the Rocket X performance level. Not only did we receive a lot of complements on how good the bike looked but after the full open run up against this hot shot there was a lot of questions asked about the level of performance of the Rocket. One guy I could tell was just itching to ride the Rocket but would not come out and ask. I let him sit on the bike and then turned the ignition on and told him be careful but go ahead and take it around the block. He argued at first but I could tell he really wanted to. After riding side by side with the guy for about 100 miles I knew he was a seasoned rider and was not concerned. The grin on this guys face when he made it back was priceless. His ride is a 2015 Harley Heritage but some how I get the feeling not for long.;);););)

Did some reading up on that motor. It is sold with out a warranty. Sold as a crate motor or as an option on some CVO's. Produces about 120 horsepower and not sure on the torque but it is no where near that of the Rocket. Basically it is sold as a platform to build from. It can be built to produce around 140 horse power at 116 pounds of torque but there are better platforms to build from (S&S)The engine is weak due to the fact that the flywheel is not welded and the bearings are weak on top of all this the springs used on the valves are the same used on the 110. so any modifications done to the motor will require replacing the springs. We all know that the horse power rating is false because it is not taken off the back wheel. I kind of figured the guy was talking out of his @ss but not being familiar with the 120r engine I was a bit reserved. Was not even close, He brought a knife to a gun fight and provoked it. I was at 65 miles per hour in 4th gear when it started. The only thing I have done to the Rocket X is re-tune it and replaced the stock air filter with the K&N version of stock filter. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back