Hardly Davidson Dreaming Beagle sales....

ChicagoRocket

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph Rocket 3 R Chrome Edition
I think most of us saw this coming a long long time ago!!!

Harley-Davidson misses a shift: Q2 sales down, projections lowered

Motorcycle sales in general are declining due to two things. Less people riding (partially due to age out) and less people with disposable income. Wages have not kept up either while everything has increased so instead of having disposable income many people are just paying their bills.

Motorcycle sales in general are declining due to two things. Less people riding (partially due to age out) and less people with disposable income. Wages have not kept up either while everything has increased so instead of having disposable income many people are just paying their bills.

Actually, I've read stories today about increases in 2nd quarter motorcycle sales.
Indian has increased motorcycle sales by 17% and BMW has increased sales by 9%.

HD has had declining sales since '14.
Their current market share is 48% of the over 600cc market. The lowest it has been "in living memory".

It's not time to ring the death knell; but it is time to admit HD has a problem.

Scott

I believe what I read was overall sales annually. Second quarter is always the best quarter. Polaris/Indian also closed down their Victory line which I'm sure helped the uptick for them.

+1 - Not just bikes. Hits everything. Just about all "toys". And over here the over-complexity and elimination (near enough) of home maintenance (so workshop costs) is a big nail in the coffin.

on the bright side....my cobber who is a salesman at the local Triumph dealership has just had a great last few weeks selling a record number of bikes!! and its winter here with us getting a lot of rain and surface flooding!...he's a happy fella right now!

Back