LAS VEGAS DAVE

Turbocharged
Ride
V8 CHOPPER, BOSS HOSS, 2015 ROCKET 3 TOURING
Yesterday we rode out RT3 to Gorman California. We rode with about 10 other bikes. One rider had a Boss Hoss and all the rest had Harleys. This bike never disappoints me in any way. It handles great and hauls ass even while packing my wife. I never get tired of it. I like it better every time I ride it. Its truly a great motorcycle. Never misses a beat, pipes are just right, not to loud and not wimpy. Good gas mileage and so comfortable with the Long Haul Touring seat with the backrest. I know I'm preaching to the quire on this forum but so what. I got sixty years riding motorcycles of ALL kinds and this one is a GEM.

Yesterday we rode out RT3 to Gorman California. We rode with about 10 other bikes. One rider had a Boss Hoss and all the rest had Harleys. This bike never disappoints me in any way. It handles great and hauls ass even while packing my wife. I never get tired of it. I like it better every time I ride it. Its truly a great motorcycle. Never misses a beat, pipes are just right, not to loud and not wimpy. Good gas mileage and so comfortable with the Long Haul Touring seat with the backrest. I know I'm preaching to the quire on this forum but so what. I got sixty years riding motorcycles of ALL kinds and this one is a GEM.

How was the BOSS HOSS? I have seen them but never rode one. How does it compare to a R3 in power and speed?

Dave, I see you mentioned the long haul seat and backrest. Do you have the Triumph backrest that fits in the square hole? I thought that they weren't available?
I see where Utopia makes one for the long haul seat too.
I can't wait to get my 15 R3T out this season. It's going to be a while though cause we got a blizzard coming in tonight.
Thanks, Eric

V8 CHOPPER in evening.jpg
This is my opinion of the Boss Hoss vs the Rocket Touring model. I have owned the Boss Hoss for over eight years and ridden it in ALL the western states back as far as Joplin Mo and up to Canada more than once. The bike has went thru tires and brake pads and one alternator purchased at a NAPA store. It handles
equal to a full dress Harley but stops worse. On the road nothing bothers a Boss Hoss, wind that is annoying to other bikes does not phase a Boss Hoss. Cruising along at any speed is effortless and low rpm's. The Boss Hoss is definitely faster than my Rocket but not as much as one would think. The Boss Hoss is EQUAL
to the Rocket in comfort. Keep in mind that my Boss Hoss is a touring model as is my Rocket and has a backrest and AIR SHOCKS. So in the RELIABILITY category I would have to say that maybe I am lucky but so far I've never had ANY bike more trouble free than my Boss Hoss. In the comfort category both are dead
even. In the gas mileage category Boss Hoss is terrible at about 18 mpg so the Rocket easily wins. In the handling category ROCKET wins again easily and I find it to be very good especially for a big bike. In the STOPPING category the Rocket once again easily wins as it stops as good or better than any bike its size. In
value per dollar category once again the Rocket wins as its a relatively cheap bike for one that offers so much and yet is a quality build. In the FUN TO RIDE category I am being as honest as I can be I think its a dead heat. I purchased the Rocket thinking I needed a touring bike while my Boss Hoss was being repaired
from mostly cosmetic damage sustained in an accident while I was sitting at a light in Montana. I thought it would be a temporary bike but the three cylinder motor intrigued me and I have owned Meridian Triumphs and Hinkley Triumphs in the past and liked them. Now I am hooked and it will stay with us. We rotate
the rides with the Boss Hoss and I have no intention in getting rid of either. I also have a V8 Chopper that is an entirely different bike than the others and its actually my favorite bike of all times but its a chopper and its pretty much useless. Just wicked fast and makes me feel young, not good for much else except being the center of attention no matter where it is.

V8 CHOPPER in evening.jpg
This is my opinion of the Boss Hoss vs the Rocket Touring model. I have owned the Boss Hoss for over eight years and ridden it in ALL the western states back as far as Joplin Mo and up to Canada more than once. The bike has went thru tires and brake pads and one alternator purchased at a NAPA store. It handles
equal to a full dress Harley but stops worse. On the road nothing bothers a Boss Hoss, wind that is annoying to other bikes does not phase a Boss Hoss. Cruising along at any speed is effortless and low rpm's. The Boss Hoss is definitely faster than my Rocket but not as much as one would think. The Boss Hoss is EQUAL
to the Rocket in comfort. Keep in mind that my Boss Hoss is a touring model as is my Rocket and has a backrest and AIR SHOCKS. So in the RELIABILITY category I would have to say that maybe I am lucky but so far I've never had ANY bike more trouble free than my Boss Hoss. In the comfort category both are dead
even. In the gas mileage category Boss Hoss is terrible at about 18 mpg so the Rocket easily wins. In the handling category ROCKET wins again easily and I find it to be very good especially for a big bike. In the STOPPING category the Rocket once again easily wins as it stops as good or better than any bike its size. In
value per dollar category once again the Rocket wins as its a relatively cheap bike for one that offers so much and yet is a quality build. In the FUN TO RIDE category I am being as honest as I can be I think its a dead heat. I purchased the Rocket thinking I needed a touring bike while my Boss Hoss was being repaired
from mostly cosmetic damage sustained in an accident while I was sitting at a light in Montana. I thought it would be a temporary bike but the three cylinder motor intrigued me and I have owned Meridian Triumphs and Hinkley Triumphs in the past and liked them. Now I am hooked and it will stay with us. We rotate
the rides with the Boss Hoss and I have no intention in getting rid of either. I also have a V8 Chopper that is an entirely different bike than the others and its actually my favorite bike of all times but its a chopper and its pretty much useless. Just wicked fast and makes me feel young, not good for much else except being the center of attention no matter where it is.
BOSS IS a great attention getter there are several around here they arent the fastest things in tis area but they are cool loking

Some are fast, some are faster, none are slow. There are always faster bikes but none that I know of that are as fast so effortlessly. They are never straining as they get their speed and power the old fashioned way CUBIC INCHES. At well over five thousand cc's its all kind of crazy. When you ride one you realize that a Chevrolet engine that easily pulls a pick up truck with a work crew and a landscape trailer full of tools and dirt or a fifth wheel trailer up a mountain where the air is thin and the road is steep really won't be stressed in a motorcycle. You can gear it to the moon because of the torque. Mine goes over 100mph in first gear if I feel so inclined. Not the fastest bike in top end or quarter mile but its kind of like taking the family sedan to a drag strip and beating all but a few of the dragsters and then driving home and using it to go to work the following day. Only in AMERICA would someone dream up such a motorcycle and only in America would there be a ****load of crazy bike riders wanting to ride one. Think about it, in the motorcycle world the Rocket 3 is really not much different.

Back