Hard Saddlebags

adsafc73

Standard Bore
Hello All, I have an 08 Rocket III Classic and want to put some saddlebags on it. Not a fan of the leathers and ideally want some hard bags (Not unlike those on the Touring) that can detach. I have seen Corbins, but wondered if anyone can recommend anything else. Can the Touring Saddlebags be fitted ti my bike?

Cheers

snuffcityrider

Which way do the bags open up and does the Russell seat interfer? My leathers hit the seat wings and are a PITA!

I'm pretty sure his open from the back. He has the pillion seat from Day Long, but has a stock front seat. The bags clear the rear seat fine and probably don't open far enough foward that the front seat would be an issue, might not matter even if the front seat were a Day Long.

Snuff,
Is your friends Russel Day Long passenger seat made on the stock seat pan? This may be an option for me!.. :)

I've had Corbins and now I have Leatherlyke bags. The Corbins are great, and look really good on the Rocket, but the price now days is rediculous. I traded/sold the Corbins to Sunshine for her Leatherlykes so I could buy my Jardine system..

The Leatherlykes are not as pretty as the Corbins, but they are GREAT for my needs. They are tough, scratch resistant ( I have kids with bicycles ), and come off in seconds.

Snuff,
Is your friends Russel Day Long passenger seat made on the stock seat pan? This may be an option for me!.. :)

I've had Corbins and now I have Leatherlyke bags. The Corbins are great, and look really good on the Rocket, but the price now days is rediculous. I traded/sold the Corbins to Sunshine for her Leatherlykes so I could buy my Jardine system..

The Leatherlykes are not as pretty as the Corbins, but they are GREAT for my needs. They are tough, scratch resistant ( I have kids with bicycles ), and come off in seconds.
Yes it is. His wife really likes it.

Hello All, I have an 08 Rocket III Classic and want to put some saddlebags on it. Not a fan of the leathers and ideally want some hard bags (Not unlike those on the Touring) that can detach. I have seen Corbins, but wondered if anyone can recommend anything else. Can the Touring Saddlebags be fitted ti my bike?

Cheers

Assuming that you aren't interested in coughing up $1600 bucks for Corbin hard bags....

There are several of us that have used the MU hard bags from Mutazu. If you go down that route, don't plan on using their 'free' mounting brackets... they are garbage. I used EZ brackets and they are rock solid. I used trailer connectors so that I can take them on and off as desired. They have 1157 bulbs mounted in the bags, and I have them wired as brakelights. I believe that Stripes has done this as well. I believe that GeekLaw has them wired as turnsignals.

GeekLaw, SweetTNBabe, and I have the Mutazu trunk as well. I can put my fullface helmet in it. The trunk has ax brakelight and turnsignals built in.

I have the Matazu MU bags as well. I went with EZ brackets too as I like to have them on only when needed for a trip.

I really like the lights and the panniers look kinda natural on the bike. Down side is the opening is on the side and is not very big. If you tend to cram things in a bit they will pop open as they latch is not very robust.

Back