sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
IMG_0450.JPG IMG_0451.JPG IMG_0449.JPG New clutch in and cover installed. Now it is forks and neck bearings. Kicking it. Progressive springs and new neck bearings. Enjoying IMG_0431.JPG the #ell out of it. supervisor is hard at work.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just had the clutch and head bearings replaced on mine - 2007 with 29k miles. Have reams of service history with the bike but is this the sort of normal replacement intervals for these parts?

Just had the clutch and head bearings replaced on mine - 2007 with 29k miles. Have reams of service history with the bike but is this the sort of normal replacement intervals for these parts?
My 2005 rocket has 70000(not rode it in the past year) and still has the original clutch and head bearing(has been adjusted)

Oh...mind you this could be similar to the problem @Claviger mentioned in another current thread. Any bike not ridden/used for long periods of time suffers mechanically. Last 3 years the bike had only covered 900 miles between mot's! Never mind, all sorted now and is singing sweetly!!

My 2010 Fatboy has 100,000 miles on it.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: The Rocket X is my pride and joy. 38,000 miles and the clutch started to slip. Figure it was time and went with a Barnett upgrade. Not that modified just Paul's full exhaust three into one with ram-air. Stock head bearings are crap.
Going in with some aftermarket bearings. American made vice the cheap crap.

Back