Hanso tune cures crickets/rattle

fatboyslim

.040 Over
Ride
2007 rocket classic, D&D slip ons, corbin seat, clearview recurve 25" shield, progressive 440s, ram air filter, exedra 240/55 rear, rideon TPS.
I had recently replace the stock air with a ramair filter. I uploaded a tuneecu tune for jardines/3 k&n's. That tune was hinky. On startup the bike would rev to 3,500 and gradually fall back to 1,000-1,100 idle.

After riding for a couple of days, i noticed a rattle. It kept getting louder and more intense. It was a weird rattle. It only happened while the bike was in motion and the engine under load. The rattle wouldnt pin point. It would sound like it was in the fork tree, then the left side of the engine, then the right.

I tore the radiator shroud down. I tore the exhaust down. I looked at the instruments. I tried rocking it in gear to make the cam chain adjuster work..... No joy.

I finally pulled the ramair off and looked into the throttle bodies with it running.... The noise source. At idle you can blip the throttle and hear the faint version of the at speed rattle.

Hanso sent me a great tune that took the rattle out, the high idle down to normal, the furrows out of my brows and the bad words off my lips.

Thanks hanso. You probably prevented a major stoke.

Back