hagon nitro shocks

patrol21

.060 Over
Ride
2009 R3 RAMAIR Intake Full Jardine Exhaust Cor
Looking at upgrading the garbage rear shocks. Looking into Hagon Nitro but see there are a number of different sizes? That being the case, what is stock size (2009 R3) and if varying sizes I would move up as I already scrape far too often so has anyone tried this and your results?

What rear tire are you planning to use in the long term? I'm running stock length Hagon Nitros with Exedra Max tire, which has a taller profile than the stock Metzeler. This combination has reduced scraping dramatically over the stock configuration. My recommendation is to stick with the stock shock length if you're planning to use a taller profile tire, or go with 1/2" longer shocks if you're planning to run a 50 profile tire.

I have Hagon nitros on my R3R , 1.5 inch lower than stock , i run a 50 profile DS though and got help from @ozrider tucking the wiring up , not until after i did some damage though.

I run Hagon Nitros. Being in the UK I phoned them up and spoke to Dave their shock expert of many years. He asked my weight, do I take a pillion, riding style etc then sorted me a pair of shocks. They arrived just a few days alter and transformed the handling.

I posted questions similar to yours prior to buying and many said not to change the length but obviously, the choice is yours.

Thanks all....can I ask what is the size for stock and what is the size for +1?

IDK-how many years has the used ones been on and assume stock size...I am leaning toward the +1 but if the shocks don't have too many miles/years may be interested. nitro shocks especially require rebuilds after extended use and Hagon actually offers that with these but that's another 150.00 plus postage. I see your listed for 350.00 for the set

Back