Cruze Ryder

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic and anything else i can get onto!
hi captains,
i recently joined this site as i have been riding my rocket for almost 2 years now.
i put on a set of haddon nitros today and was surprised to find that the top bush is narrower then the original shocks by about 2mm!
this is on an 08 classic.
my concern is the free play that the shock can move left or right.
is there a special spacer i can buy or do i need to make one?
thanks in advance for all your help,
cruze ryder

Firstly
Welcome to the Forum
Secondly I assume you are refering to Hagon Nitros most of us that have fitted them put a smaller washer on because of the smaller eye but I have not heard of anybody complaining about being too narrow are you sure they supplied the correct units

Firstly
Welcome to the Forum
Secondly I assume you are refering to Hagon Nitros most of us that have fitted them put a smaller washer on because of the smaller eye but I have not heard of anybody complaining about being too narrow are you sure they supplied the correct units
Thanks for the reply hanso, a far as I'm aware they are the correct ones. I spoke with the suppliers for about a week before i bought them.they are the standard 320mm length, black end caps with chrome springs. They were aware of my model before i bought. I'll take a pic Tommie night and see if i can post it. By the way mate, still running your tune ecu map and she's running great!

hi captains,
i recently joined this site as i have been riding my rocket for almost 2 years now.
i put on a set of haddon nitros today and was surprised to find that the top bush is narrower then the original shocks by about 2mm!
this is on an 08 classic.
my concern is the free play that the shock can move left or right.
is there a special spacer i can buy or do i need to make one?
thanks in advance for all your help,
cruze ryder

Just to be clear, are you talking about the rubber grommet (bushing) that fits over the stud? Your shocks should have come with a plastic bushing that fits snugly over the stud (little to no free-play) that is inside the rubber bushing. You should not have the rubber grommet (bushing) directly against the metal stud.

Just to be clear, are you talking about the rubber grommet (bushing) that fits over the stud? Your shocks should have come with a plastic bushing that fits snugly over the stud (little to no free-play) that is inside the rubber bushing. You should not have the rubber grommet (bushing) directly against the metal stud.

No plastic grommet top or bottom! The rubber is a perfect fit, there's no way anything else could fit. I have written to the suppliers to see what they say. On a brighter side, they make a real difference to the ride, a definate improvement!

Back