Had It Dynoed Today

billmac

.020 Over
Hi Gents
Just had mine on dyno today with PC, KN RU2780 Pod filters, TORs, cat bypass. O2 sensor removed. Talked about removing the secondaries however I have gone for leaving them in - my choice as I think the bike will run smoother and as I do a lot of in town riding this should smooth the bike out and top speed is not important. ( I think) anyway this is the result 148hp 155ft-lbs. 1st run was done without the PC and bike was dangerously lean and had I used the bike like this it would have roasted the engine so don’t run this set up with out a PC and dyno . Have not had it out on the road yet as only 3c over here in sunny Scotland and loads of salt on the roads.

Congrats. Great numbers with the stock header. Would like to see a larger dyno sheet so I could see exactly where you're at. We'v been doing a lot of tuning on R3's and those numbers are very good. We use Tuneboy and Tuneecu. Do you use the Gipro since you aren't cracking your ecu? How did you change the speed limiter or did you do your pulls in a lower gear?
Did an 08 R3 with same mods except stock intake and showed 139 RWHP and 151.5 torque. I wouldn't have thought the 2780's would do that much more.
+ 1 on the ability to change the fuel map. Just the staintune crossover sent my bike from a 13.1 to 16.7 A/F. With the Jardines, it again went lean.
Later

Hi Frank
this is the best i can do.
I will also be fitting GI Pro and am looking for the gizmo that gives a true speed reading any one know what they a called.

That's where you will really notice a big difference, when you get the GiPro installed and can enjoy all that new power in every gear. It's a shocking experience when you take off hard from a stop for the first time. Feels like a different bike.

You said that you decided to leave the secondaries in ... I just wondered why you decided to do that? Removing them takes the hesitation out of the throttle because the computer lags behind the rider somewhat. That delay probably isn't noticed because you are used to it, but if you take them out you will notice it. But if you are happy with it, don't take my comments as criticism, it's always what ever makes the owner happy right?

Respectable numbers, you should be pleased, enjoy it.

Hi billmac

I've been looking for a dyno shop to do some runs, what do you think of Highland MC dynos? any good? I've been thinking of using Grant Racing at Knockhill. They will use my Tune ecu tune as a base (thanks again to the forum folk for that) if I bring the laptop and cable, and although I haven't done KN's on my Roadster, I'll be running TORs and an empty splitter box (once I cut it open), and secondaries disabled and speed limiter "adjusted".

You've good a good bike there, shame you use it in town though, get up Glenshee and the Lecht!

I'm in Perthshire - welcome to this forum, it's full of good advice!

Hi Hellfire
I’ll see how it goes I said to the guy that did the bike that taking the secondaries out seemed to be the order of the day however he made a good case for keeping them in. After a few runs he said that taking the secondaries out would not make any big difference apart from top speed I think its around 125 130mph they start to close.
If this is bull****e let me know. You’re the guys that are running with out them.

Och to pot
Glenshee and the Lecht! Have done it many times I live in Aberdeenshire so it’s on my door step. HMD seems to know what he is talking about he does a lot of bikes from down your way. He does track bike engine builds and tunes a lot of track bikes.
Give him a ring.
Have to say this is the best forum I have been on for information for the rocket:)

Hi Gents
Just had mine on dyno today with PC, KN RU2780 Pod filters, TORs, cat bypass. O2 sensor removed. Talked about removing the secondaries however I have gone for leaving them in - my choice as I think the bike will run smoother and as I do a lot of in town riding this should smooth the bike out and top speed is not important. ( I think) anyway this is the result 148hp 155ft-lbs. 1st run was done without the PC and bike was dangerously lean and had I used the bike like this it would have roasted the engine so don’t run this set up with out a PC and dyno . Have not had it out on the road yet as only 3c over here in sunny Scotland and loads of salt on the roads.
I also tried running without secondary's because I had a faulty secondary throttle position sensor but did not like the jumpiness of the throttle, which was uncomfortable for me; so I reinstalled the secondary's along with my new secondary tps. also will be doing a professional dyno soon, with Tommy @ Extreme Machines, not looking for dragster type results, just want her to be all she can be. "Stay Safe!

I also tried running without secondary's because I had a faulty secondary throttle position sensor but did not like the jumpiness of the throttle, which was uncomfortable for me; so I reinstalled the secondary's along with my new secondary tps. also will be doing a professional dyno soon, with Tommy @ Extreme Machines, not looking for dragster type results, just want her to be all she can be. "Stay Safe!
This is an old thread, and the original poster hasn't been on the forum since 2011, so don't be surprised if he doesn't respond. :D

Back