H-D and the Metricly Challenged

Manic_Mechanic

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket
Ok, this is a somewhat stationary version of Trirocketman's "You're gonna love this" story.

I run a computer repair business at one end of a very busy strip mall in a town just 10 minutes from the H-D assembly plant in York, Pa. I love to Park the Rocket out front by the main entrance because it draws so much attention to our business. From time to time customers will come thru the door and start chatting about the bike before they even mention a word about their computer woes.
I can tell at the start of the conversation if they currently or previously owned a brit bike and tell by the amount of tattoos if they own something american made.
Well I've started to notice a trend and it generally goes like this:
Tattoo Guy: " What size is that engine?"
ME: "two point three liters.
Tattoo Guy: " What is that in cc's?"

It's all I can do to keep a straight face but then again it explains their choice in a bike.:roll:

Manic_Mechanic said:
Tattoo Guy: " What is that in cc's?"quote]

And you no doubt reply: "2300 cc's" . But then Tatto guy inevitably goes: " Whats' that in cubic inches?". Correct?

As if he wishfully thought your Rocket engine displacement would momentarily SHRINK as a result his questions:confused:

Jamie

Last edited:
Manic_Mechanic said:
Tattoo Guy: " What size is that engine?"
ME: "two point three liters.
Tattoo Guy: " What is that in cc's?"

It's all I can do to keep a straight face but then again it explains their choice in a bike.:roll:

this Tattoo Guy rides an RIII... I think I hear the tattoo dudes referring to the RIII'ers as Milk Toast Boys.....

Back