Jetag93

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Any GT owners removed the backrest assembly yet? I removed the 2 hex bolts under the seat but that didn't free it up. Looks like it may slide forward but I didn't want to use to much force if that isn't the case and nothing in manual about removal. Thanks.

It's very complicated. You undid the cover under the seat and that's it. Great if you were installing the pannier holders but that's about it.

To remove the backrest you need to basically un-mount the whole assembly from the bike. Also, you would have two massive slots where the braces go that would be empty.

I have to agree, should've bought the R3R and changed the handlebars, the seat and foot position instead. That is achievable.

There are the two obvious bolts under the seat and four under the fender pan.
A8835E4B-0E8D-4C31-ACD6-01E160DBD679.jpeg
7C89FE10-43C3-48B1-B566-AC06A6196292.jpeg

Amazing work! @Lamonster

In the end, the result is two gaping holes in the read end of your $30K motorcycle or the need to buy the replacement fender!!! Either is not a preferred solution!
what-does-that-even-mean-jackie-chan-300x195.jpg

The guy wanted to know how to take off the backrest. Maybe he wanted to paint it or put the R filler plates in. I have the R filler plates on order and that's what I plan on doing.

Surely Triumph sell infill panels to complete the rear should you remove the backrest.

Back