Bruce

Crazy Ol' B***ard!
Ride
R3T 2014
Hi All,

My beautiful new (old), '14 reg R3T is being let down a bit by her wheels. Her previous owner fell out of love with her I think as she didn't seem to move much for the 12 months before I got her. I've managed to clean all the paintwork and chrome and she's beautiful, just a bit of a shame about the wheels. They're a bit dull and tarnished and I was wondering if any of you have any good tips for getting them bright and shiny again. I'm crap on the spanners too, so taking the wheels/brakes/anything else off is not really do-able for me, but that is the other problem, accessing them properly. I've tried Solvol Autosol but that's going to take me about 3 years to do it that way! Anyone know if there's another way? There are also some stone marks on the front forks where water's got under the lacquer and the Autosol has no effect whatsoever on this, any tips or is it just live with it? Thanks for any replies, cheers! p.s. I know I'm a lazy bastard, but if there's an easy way I'd love to hear from you. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Wt and dry and Autosol will speed things up. A Scotchbright type pad is a good first step too.

Take it somewhere and pay them to powder coat the rollers black for you

not only do they look better after a polish once or twice a year they are a piece of piss to clean there after ..sponge,soapy water, rinse with hose pipe job done

Bruce, I use Flitz metal polish. It is a liquid that I rub in with my bare fingers until it turns black. Then I wipe it off and buff the rim with a clean cloth. They come out pretty shiny, but it's a lot of finger work.
My last bike, a 2010 Nomad had clearcoated rims and it was so much easier to keep them looking good. Sure wish my r3t had clear coat rims.

Hi All,

My beautiful new (old), '14 reg R3T is being let down a bit by her wheels. Her previous owner fell out of love with her I think as she didn't seem to move much for the 12 months before I got her. I've managed to clean all the paintwork and chrome and she's beautiful, just a bit of a shame about the wheels. They're a bit dull and tarnished and I was wondering if any of you have any good tips for getting them bright and shiny again. I'm crap on the spanners too, so taking the wheels/brakes/anything else off is not really do-able for me, but that is the other problem, accessing them properly. I've tried Solvol Autosol but that's going to take me about 3 years to do it that way! Anyone know if there's another way? There are also some stone marks on the front forks where water's got under the lacquer and the Autosol has no effect whatsoever on this, any tips or is it just live with it? Thanks for any replies, cheers! p.s. I know I'm a lazy bastard, but if there's an easy way I'd love to hear from you. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Well it looks like you'd be happy with a can of RED spray paint:eek: Geez.........

Back