Don

NO FILTER
Ride
Rocket 3
i sometimes loose feeling in a couple of fingers while riding,is there any type of grips that might help?

Same happens to me as does a couple of buddies I ride with. I put on the kyrakin ISO grips, comfortable but don't do much in the way of numb fingers. For myself I find that the more I relax on the bars the better it gets.

You should look at the angle of the bars first. It may be vibration causing your numbness, but it's more likely (in my opinion) that your hands are cocked/twisted too much which can crimp shut the carpal tunnel where all the nerves and tendons to your hand go from your arm to the hand itself.

The closer to the relaxed wrist position you can get, the better your hands will feel.

http://ergonomics.about.com/od/glossary/g/defnaturalwrist.htm

On my R3T I put the Rivco risers on it, and then angled the bars down as much as I dared. This got me very close to the above ideal - hand at an angle, but wrist straight. I have carpal tunnel issues (one might say, thanks to ergonomic keyboards and paying attention to it on the bike, I'm a recovering carpal tunnel patient... this stuff never fully fixes itself) but can now ride the bike for 7-8 hours straight with no hand pain or numbness, with the stock grips.

Handlebar ergonomics on motorcycles is often horrible, and too few people know about it.

You might also try this and see if it has an effect:

http://physicaltherapy.about.com/od/flexibilityexercises/a/CTSexercise.htm

Loosen grip and a $10 cramp buster worked for me. Used to have that problem after a couple hours on my throttle hand (since it rarely gets to rest), but the cramp buster allows the palm of your hand to rest on it changing the angle and relieving pressure. There are better long term options (as mentioned, bars, risers, etc, or you can go with a cruise control, but that won't help for fun riding), but give the $10 fix a try and see what you think!

Just be careful with the crampbuster at first. After years of training yourself that releasing the grip means no throttle, needing to move your hand out of the way instead is an adjustment. It can also be a bit of a pain in city traffic at first.

As croft said, takes a bit of adjustment. If I'm not cruising I rotate it down out of the way...no issues (it's a must in city). If I don't anticipate using it during the ride, I just take off and throw it in the jacket pocket. It pops on/off in 5 seconds!

Back