Grips (Again)

jake shaw

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Rocket Touring
I'm planning on changing my Handlebar grips soon on my 14 Touring. Don't know whether to go for Heated (Oxford or Avon) or to Kuryakyn ISO. My question is there seems to be conflicting reports that the ISO grips will fit the Rocket. Has anyone fitted these and if so which part # works?

I had a st of the kuryakyn ISO grips on my roadster. I loved them for about a year. Then they started to oval, and I now had a grip Cruz control. I had the pull the grip out to allow it to free turn. Otherwise it gripped the bar, and I had to physically turn the throttle back down. I have the Avon grips now. No issues as of yet, but it's not been a year yet.

I'm planning on changing my Handlebar grips soon on my 14 Touring. Don't know whether to go for Heated (Oxford or Avon) or to Kuryakyn ISO. My question is there seems to be conflicting reports that the ISO grips will fit the Rocket. Has anyone fitted these and if so which part # works?
Make sure the Oxford do list your bike I was helping a a member to fit some the other week and they did not fit

Oh I have the ISO grips with heat demon in bar heating, there are some small mods needed to the bar if you decide to go that way. I have had them on for a couple of years now without any issues and I have a Breakaway Cruise Control on it

I have the Oxford heated grips - inexpensive - fit right out of the box (except the controller, for which I had to purchase some no-kidding 3M adhesive backed Velcro). Second bike with the Oxford grips -- less expensive, work great = great value.

Do you know if there Is a way to seperate or install grips that wouldn’t normally fit the throttle tube??

Well, not really. It sounds a bit like getting a square peg into a round hole....but depending on the degree of mismatch maybe something could be done, but there are a lot of ideas that just have to be tried with the relevant pieces in hand.

I have the chrome iso grips on my 15 r3t. I also have the left and right comfort wrist rests and the bar end weights. I’m very happy with this setup and they fit and look great

Back