Mickie

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic
I have owned my Rocket 3 Classic for about a Month now, I bought it pretty cheap from a dealer as (for them) it was an older model (2005) & ferkin loud, due to the aftermarket sports exhaust system, which makes it pop & bang when on overrun, also the engine light was on + it has obviously had some form of tuning done. It is very quick & even with the engine light on (which I think is due to the exhaust) runs smooth & returns 150+ miles to a full tank of fuel. I picked the bike up on a Tues & was riding it to Denmark on the Thursday.
I have been riding since I was 7, & I will be 58 next month. I to never sell my bikes & still own my trusty 1997 VMax & GPZ1000RX which I have owned for 22yrs + 33 yrs respectively.
I know my way around bikes, but know very little about the Rockets (at the moment) although I did a clutch change on it 2 weeks ago.

Congrats on the new to you Rocket and welcome to the Rocket Academy. Post some pics of your Rocket so we can see what exhausts you have. Also, inspect the intake to see if it has all the plumbing still in place or some performance filters directly attached to the throttle bodies. You should also download TuneECU from the net (free for PC computers or a few $$s for Android phones/pads), get your hands on a Lonelec OBD2 cable Diagnostic Interface for TuneECU Motorbikes and check to see what map you are running. Guessing you are extremely lean. Once you know what exhaust/intake combo you have, there are a lot of canned tunes available that will give you a good starting point to improve performance. It will also read/clear the engine code that's showing. Have fun and ride safe.

Last edited:
WELCOME!! to our R3 family... Any photos? How's your new Permanent Grin?? I not far behind you in age and am looking for another good 30 years or so of riding... :cool:
-MIG

Welcome from Sussex Mickie. Mine's in bits at the moment. Bit of gearbox trouble. If you're near Sussex I can read that error code with TuneECU

Back