Greetings From The Valley of the Sun~

Andy Arizona

Were it not for opposable thumbs...
Ride
2015 Triumph R3 Touring
On 31DEC2016 I became the proud owner of a 2015 R3 Touring which I purchased "used" with only 25 miles on the odo (manufacturer's overstock lot auction). I replaced the stock windscreen with a Cee Bailey's 22" aircraft-grade light grey-tinted bug catcher and the stock air filter with one from K&N (the 2014 filter fits 2015 models). I also added gel pads to the stock seat and a chromed LED combo license plate frame for added early morning/night vis while merging to the HOV lanes. I also purchased a Saddleman travel bag which can mount either on the luggage rack when 2-up, or on the pillion when riding solo (anchored to a beneath-the-seat D-ring pad). No other mods planned (I do miss having a tach and heated handgrips), but are any that I should consider?

I look forward to learning from the R3 community and cruising the great roads of Arizona throughout the year. The easily removable windscreen will come in handy when the temps reach triple digits this summer.
TRIUMPH R3.jpg

On 31DEC2016 I became the proud owner of a 2015 R3 Touring which I purchased "used" with only 25 miles on the odo (manufacturer's overstock lot auction). I replaced the stock windscreen with a Cee Bailey's 22" aircraft-grade light grey-tinted bug catcher and the stock air filter with one from K&N (the 2014 filter fits 2015 models). I also added gel pads to the stock seat and a chromed LED combo license plate frame for added early morning/night vis while merging to the HOV lanes. I also purchased a Saddleman travel bag which can mount either on the luggage rack when 2-up, or on the pillion when riding solo (anchored to a beneath-the-seat D-ring pad). No other mods planned (I do miss having a tach and heated handgrips), but are any that I should consider?

I look forward to learning from the R3 community and cruising the great roads of Arizona throughout the year. The easily removable windscreen will come in handy when the temps reach triple digits this summer.
TRIUMPH R3.jpg
Wow, my "used" 2015 R3T had twice as many miles on it as yours did. I think it had 107 miles. Greetings from down the road in Casa Grande! Maybe we can ride sometime.

TRIUMPH R3.jpg

TRIUMPH R3.jpg
Thanks for the welcome, Cusso! I have a good Aussie friend here in AZ who has told me many a tale of riding across Australia on a Beemer 75. He recently just finished a trip to Victoria, BC on a Kawasaki sport tourer and decided to move up to a cruiser (us old guys can't abide bent-knee Beemers for those longer rides anymore!). I traded in my 2000 BMW R1100RT for the same reason (and the $1K+ 48K servicing). I think it's very cool that you guys can ride upside down! ;o) Stay safe!

Wow, my "used" 2015 R3T had twice as many miles on it as yours did. I think it had 107 miles. Greetings from down the road in Casa Grande! Maybe we can ride sometime.
That would be great! My bike sat in the showroom for 6+ months when a friend told me about it. I "negotiated" a great deal as the dealer was eager to sell it before year's end. After much research (and before I discovered this great forum) the R3 Touring found a new home. So far, so good!

That would be great! My bike sat in the showroom for 6+ months when a friend told me about it. I "negotiated" a great deal as the dealer was eager to sell it before year's end. After much research (and before I discovered this great forum) the R3 Touring found a new home. So far, so good!
I did a lot of looking and ended up getting mine from a dealer in Washington, had it shipped to Az.

Back