Greetings from Milwaukee

benehr8

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic Tourer
Hello everyone. I am new to the whole forum thing and joined because I am curious. I have an '07 R3 Classic that I purchased in August '08. I traded my first bike which was an '83 Honda CB1000 Custom. I Love the Rocket and I don't know anyone else who has one. I'm always looking for advise and suggestions.

I'm 28 years old and I work as a crane operator in Milwaukee, WI. I ride at least 300 miles a week. My bike is totally stock. I want to change the exaust as soon as I have $$.

Welcome aboard. I thought there was a minimum age requirement for buying a Rocket.
Did you lie to your dealer to get one.
What color is that '07 classic?
surely any reputable dealer wouldn't sell a fast, full powered Black one to a youngster
Must be one of the ones with a restrictor built in, is it red or grey?
Welcome aboard anyway.
skip

I didn't realize I was that young. Although now that you mention it, every other rocket I've come across (about 4), has had a rider that looked middle-aged or so. I have talked a friend who is 21 into buying one. Actually it didn't take much talking after he rode mine.

My Classic is Sunset Red and Black with a silver pinstripe and silver engine. According to the salesman, it called Rocket III Classic Touring. I omit the word "touring" to eliminate confusion. It came with leather bags and a windshield.

Welcome!!!! Most people on this forum know what your talking about. There were certain years that specific models came out so if you stumble, somebody here will be able to "politely" correct it. This is a great bunch of guys/gals. Very knowledgable and every once in a while will get frisky and poke fun at something. So...........enjoy and send some pics when you get a chance!! :D

mutt

Welcome aboard, it would seem most of us on here have kids older than you and could be some have grandkids getting there.

Bob:D:p:D;)

Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome. I can't wait to really start looking for answers on some questions I have about my R3C. I'll poke around for the proper areas to ask them but I welcome any input on aftermarket exaust and suspension. I want to hear the motor and I ride distances 2up often. Like I mentioned; all stock.

jealous

welcome ben
we are jealous because you got to 2.3 30 years before the rest of us did
regards mike

Back