Greetings from Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada!

Mojave Rocket

Supersonic
Ride
2016 Triumph Rocket II Roadster
Hello all, been lurking here for about 3 months.
I found this forum a month before I purchased my 2016 roadster to gather all the information I could about the bike. Appears to be a great group of people here very knowledgeable about the Rocket and I appreciate being able to join!

My previous rides were an '09 Kawasaki Concours GTR 1400 which I traded in on a 2013 Honda F6B I sold two weeks before the Rocket purchase.
We loved the Connie and the big power she had but we never could get comfortable on the bike despite adding bar risers and a concrete Corbin seat. About an hour and a half in the saddle is all we could take in that jockey position. The 09 Connie also threw massive amounts of engine heat on my feet and shins a problem Kawasaki remedied in 2011.
She was a great fun bike and a blast to ride though and we put 30k smile filled miles on her.

I sadly traded her in on a new 2013 Honda F6B. The F6B was the most comfortable bike I ever sat on in a showroom floor and for a the short test ride. While the F6B is a fine machine we never fell in love with it and after the Connie I was never happy with the power. For my taste the F6B had too much wind protection and distracting bells and whistles. It also sat me in a slumped over position that made my sternum area hurt after about 30 minutes on the road.

My search for comfort plus big horsepower led me down a very narrow path ending at the Triumph showroom. I was vaguely aware of the Rocket but had never seen one on the highway that I could recall.
I think when I was researching a replacement for the Connie I glanced at the Triumph website and discounted the Rocket because of those exposed headers right next to the riders leg- I was trying to get away from heat and those pipes looked **** hot so I moved on.

After much research and keying in on those Rocket torque and horsepower figures and the look of the riding position, this had to be the bike to at least take a test ride on as there was really nothing else out there that met my requirements of comfort and horsepower.
I found that Eurocycle of Las Vegas had one in stock so I went down there after work and had a look at it.

There she was on the showroom.
TR1.jpg

I sat on it and the riding position was fabulous! I felt like Peter Fonda tooling down the highway on Captain America! After coming off the huge F6B the Rocket didn't feel big or heavy at all to me.
The dealership was about to close for the evening and I didn't want to keep those guys away from their dinner so I scheduled a test ride the following Saturday morning.

So Saturday morning rolls around and I take the Rocket out being mindful of the monster torque she's supposed to have. I did a brisk roll on and experienced the sensation of my arms being pulled out of their sockets and feeling like I'm being ripped off the bike from the wind blast- I slow her down and return to the dealership. I wanted to think about what just happened (it seemed like a dream) and told them I would be in touch.

After discussing it the following week a couple of times with my excellent sales rep "Hollywood" I decided to pull the trigger and picked up "The Mojave Rocket" that Friday night.

Here she is at her new home on Saturday morning as I looked her over admiring her lines.
TR2.jpg

Her first ride out to Lake Mead National Park that morning and it was there she was christened "The Mojave Rocket". A very fitting name I think for such a machine based in the Mojave Desert.
TR3.jpg

Her first farkle is this Union Jack brake reservoir cover I ordered from Ebay for $38. It really adds some pop! A beautifully done piece.
TR10.jpg

TR9.jpg

Next up time to add some bags for our travels, footboards and backrest for my wife and also a small sportscreen to get the wind off of my chest.
I went with Viking saddlebags as their prices we too good to pass up and I am very impressed with the quality of these pieces.
TR5.jpg

Also added their large backpack- tons of room!
These were taken on her inaugural first long ride down to Oatman, AZ on old HWY 66!
TR6.jpg

TR7.jpg

TR8.jpg

Another shot from out at Lake Mead Park.
TR4.jpg

We're riding the Rocket every chance we get and are gearing up for trip up the Pacific Coast Highway next spring.
I think the search is now over for the perfect bike for us.

Hello all, been lurking here for about 3 months.
I found this forum a month before I purchased my 2016 roadster to gather all the information I could about the bike. Appears to be a great group of people here very knowledgeable about the Rocket and I appreciate being able to join!

My previous rides were an '09 Kawasaki Concours GTR 1400 which I traded in on a 2013 Honda F6B I sold two weeks before the Rocket purchase.
We loved the Connie and the big power she had but we never could get comfortable on the bike despite adding bar risers and a concrete Corbin seat. About an hour and a half in the saddle is all we could take in that jockey position. The 09 Connie also threw massive amounts of engine heat on my feet and shins a problem Kawasaki remedied in 2011.
She was a great fun bike and a blast to ride though and we put 30k smile filled miles on her.

I sadly traded her in on a new 2013 Honda F6B. The F6B was the most comfortable bike I ever sat on in a showroom floor and for a the short test ride. While the F6B is a fine machine we never fell in love with it and after the Connie I was never happy with the power. For my taste the F6B had too much wind protection and distracting bells and whistles. It also sat me in a slumped over position that made my sternum area hurt after about 30 minutes on the road.

My search for comfort plus big horsepower led me down a very narrow path ending at the Triumph showroom. I was vaguely aware of the Rocket but had never seen one on the highway that I could recall.
I think when I was researching a replacement for the Connie I glanced at the Triumph website and discounted the Rocket because of those exposed headers right next to the riders leg- I was trying to get away from heat and those pipes looked **** hot so I moved on.

After much research and keying in on those Rocket torque and horsepower figures and the look of the riding position, this had to be the bike to at least take a test ride on as there was really nothing else out there that met my requirements of comfort and horsepower.
I found that Eurocycle of Las Vegas had one in stock so I went down there after work and had a look at it.

There she was on the showroom.
TR1.jpg

I sat on it and the riding position was fabulous! I felt like Peter Fonda tooling down the highway on Captain America! After coming off the huge F6B the Rocket didn't feel big or heavy at all to me.
The dealership was about to close for the evening and I didn't want to keep those guys away from their dinner so I scheduled a test ride the following Saturday morning.

So Saturday morning rolls around and I take the Rocket out being mindful of the monster torque she's supposed to have. I did a brisk roll on and experienced the sensation of my arms being pulled out of their sockets and feeling like I'm being ripped off the bike from the wind blast- I slow her down and return to the dealership. I wanted to think about what just happened (it seemed like a dream) and told them I would be in touch.

After discussing it the following week a couple of times with my excellent sales rep "Hollywood" I decided to pull the trigger and picked up "The Mojave Rocket" that Friday night.

Here she is at her new home on Saturday morning as I looked her over admiring her lines.
TR2.jpg

Her first ride out to Lake Mead National Park that morning and it was there she was christened "The Mojave Rocket". A very fitting name I think for such a machine based in the Mojave Desert.
TR3.jpg

Her first farkle is this Union Jack brake reservoir cover I ordered from Ebay for $38. It really adds some pop! A beautifully done piece.
TR10.jpg

TR9.jpg

Next up time to add some bags for our travels, footboards and backrest for my wife and also a small sportscreen to get the wind off of my chest.
I went with Viking saddlebags as their prices we too good to pass up and I am very impressed with the quality of these pieces.
TR5.jpg

Also added their large backpack- tons of room!
These were taken on her inaugural first long ride down to Oatman, AZ on old HWY 66!
TR6.jpg

TR7.jpg

TR8.jpg

Another shot from out at Lake Mead Park.
TR4.jpg

We're riding the Rocket every chance we get and are gearing up for trip up the Pacific Coast Highway next spring.
I think the search is now over for the perfect bike for us.
Welcome from sunny Southern California! Great looking bike, congrats on the purchase! I make it over to Vegas fairly regularly so I'm sure we'll meet up soon for a ride around North Lake Mead and a beer.

should be a few captains in vegas torwards end of jan.might want to button down the hatches.put youre location in before bull or joe yells at you

Welcome Mojave Rocket!

A couple things....

Are those cool Union Jack couches still at Vegas Triumph?

I hate riding through the Mojave :mad:

Was my ex wife still tethered outside of the bar in Oatman? You'd recognize her cuz she looks exactly like a mule...

Your gonna love the Rocket!

Howdy Mojave! Welcome from East Texas :D
What a cool intro............ with some equally cool reception responses :thumbsup:
Some nice initial farkles too :cool:

Welcome Mojave Rocket!

A couple things....

Are those cool Union Jack couches still at Vegas Triumph?

Your gonna love the Rocket!

Yes Sir indeed they are but I think they could use a shampoo. In fact they were right next to where my rocket was positioned on the showroom.

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone!

Back