Greetings from Arizona

MartinS

Standard Bore
Ride
2008 Rocket III Base Model
Hi guys. Just joined this forum a few days ago. It's got a lot of good information and also entertainment value. I've had my Rocket III since 2012. It's an '08 base model. I had a few issues with the previous owner's "custom wiring work", such as an aftermarket remote starter switch, but no problems since all that was removed. I've been riding motorcycles my whole life, and I can truly say that nothing quite compares to the Rocket III.
Here in Phoenix, the Avon or Metzeler rear tires make it maybe 6-8K miles at best. So a few weeks ago, I joined the dark side. I decided on a 225/55ZR-16 BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S SL. I am using 34 PSI, and so far I am very impressed with the handling of the tire. It is surprisingly easy to lean into turns, though it does require just a little more "convincing" by counter steering. I'll provide an update a little later into the adventure, but the economics are a no-brainer, IMHO. It also looks pretty sharp. If there are others out there using the same tire, tell me what you think and your experiences.
Other than that, I am a native German, naturalized US citizen, loving the bike, enjoying the beautiful roads in Arizona and beyond. Ride safely!

Welcome from CA, I plan on riding to Oatman in April, are you close to there?
No $hit!
Oatman is a fun little town, twas there again just last summer.
Drag racing the street burros is a blast!
Must suck a brew or two at each bar in town in order to soak in the local color.

Welcome from the big city of Henryetta Oklahoma. Home to No. 74. I got 10,500 out of the stock tires. Have Avons on now but plan on this spring to go to the dark-side. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:;);););):)

WELCOME, Martin!
Hope you are considering coming to RAA XI.

Back