Greetings and salutations from Southwest Missouri.

Porky

.060 Over
Ride
2012 Rocket 3 Roadster. 2012 Burgman 650 Executive.
Howdy!

I will start out by saying that I don't yet own a Rocket 3 but I have my eye on a 2012, very low miles and spotless at a local Dealer. I may buy it next week:)

This is my introductory post so here goes: I sold my 2012 Goldwing about a year ago and right now I have a 2005 Burgman 650, a 2012 Burgman 650 Executive and a 2013 Kymco Xciting 500RI ABS.

I am seriously addicted to motorcycles and scooters and have had a total of 78 to this point. I have been riding since I was 15 1/2, in 1962 and have never not owned a motorcycle since that time, everything from Standards, to Supersport's, to Cruisers, to tourer's and hot rods like the V-max, Yoshimura Suzuki Bandit 1200S and my last little fun ****** rocket, a new 2010 Buel 1125R street/ race bike. Lots of Scooters too!

I am a member on lots of Forums and I like to participate, having raced all kinds of bikes on all kinds of terrain and having always done my own work on my bikes, besides building Dyno winning HD big twins in California.

I had a new 2010 Triumph Scrambler for a year or so and liked it but sold it because it was just plain SLOW.

I will probably have some questions about the Rocket 3's issues. Right now, every day in Missouri, it's hovering around 90 degrees or so and I have questions about the exhaust manifold roasting my overly plump right calf to a well done condition:)

Sam

Welcome Sam, One thing that has not changed over the years is the tractor exhaust manifold. I ran it for 20,000 miles or so and never had a heat issue. Mind you my Rockets have floor boards and not the set back foot pegs. Most if not all good after market pipes available do not have much for heat shields. I am lucky as with a bunch of cash I was able to get a custom set made for my after market pipe. so heat is still not a issue.

Anyway enjoy the ride and find some good stretch mark cream as you grin will become distorted :D

Welcome bought my rocket used last November and it was the best decision I've ever made, I'm sure you'll be very happy with your purchase. What town in Missouri are you from I live in Washington, MO about an hour west of St. Louis?

As for the heat issue it's not too bad when moving does get a little warm when sitting or going through slow speed limits.

Welcome from Germany (soon to be Mississippi again)! As said the heat is only really bad when sitting in traffic on a hot day. The rocket is a great bike and you shouldn't find to many issues with a 12 model!

Welcome from Germany (soon to be Mississippi again)! As said the heat is only really bad when sitting in traffic on a hot day. The rocket is a great bike and you shouldn't find to many issues with a 12 model!
Welcome bought my rocket used last November and it was the best decision I've ever made, I'm sure you'll be very happy with your purchase. What town in Missouri are you from I live in Washington, MO about an hour west of St. Louis?

As for the heat issue it's not too bad when moving does get a little warm when sitting or going through slow speed limits.

Ted, I live in Carthage, MO, almost where I 44 and I 49 intersect.

Welcome from one of the many Aussies on here mate :thumbsup:
Oh and by the way you should have no problem with the heat at all, just buy and enjoy!

G'day and welcome. The way to stop the heat from burning you is to ride faster.

Welcome to the site from New Jersey, Sam. With all of the two-wheeled toys you've had and that extended experience in the saddle, you very well could become a valued member around here.

Regardless, my advice to you is to buy the Beast, forget about the heat and get prepared for what we call The Permagrin, coz' you're gonna' enjoy the heck out of your new ride!

Back