Great Meet 'n Greet Today in New Hope, PA!

TriumPhil

Living Legend
Ride
'07 Mulberry Red, Carpentered & Bruted R3 Standard
It was a blast meeting up with one helluva squadron of R3s today and enjoying a fantastic flight on both sides of the mighty Delaware.

Jag (Jim) came up from Cape May County astride a graphite Classic with a good friend of his, Sal on a sweet Kawi 650. They met up earlier this morn with two, fellow '05 Std, captains for breakfast, Bob05 and his bud, Jack, dmaint67 (Dave), hailing from NE Philly on a brandy new '14 Roadster , IMFASTTOO (Art) riding his '09 Classic, me and our pal, Nick on his ZX-10 had alot of fun just shooting the breeze, sharing a bite and terrorizing folks out in the twisties.

Thanks to one and all for making this a very relaxing and enjoyable day. I look forward sharing the road again with each and every one of you!

Good times today, glad to meet a great bunch of guys that all have something in common.

Triumphphils bike is sweet with that carpenter package and his new brute exhaust! When Phil dropped the hammer on rt29 I thought my helmet was going to implode on my head, and I was 400 feet behind him, the sound was awesome!!!!! Like nothing I ever heard!

Sal and myself departed from my drive way at 7:45 this morning and returned at 6:30 pm.
223.9 miles round trip, great ride from the flat lands of southern New Jersey to winding, twisting hills of north jersey and Pa.

Just took some Motrin poured a big glass of fortified wine, going to turn in early tonight

Pictures coming soon!

Hope everyone made it home without issue.

Can't wait to do it again!!

With a little heads up I might be able to make the next one. I was at king of prussia yesterday to celebrate my son's 32nd birthday. Ate at Joe's Crabs just behind the mall. Highly reccomended.
@TriumPhil its dmaint69 not 67 don't make me older then I am lol that was a great ride loved it for sure everyone was great I had a blast loved the twistys don't forget me on the next ride for sure

My bad and will do, Dave.

That was just an example of compensatory behavior by an old(er) goat desperately trying to make himself feel younger... then again, it could simply be a bit of short-term memory loss.:p

More than likely, our next group adventure won't take place until next Spring and I'm hopeful that some of the other members that had expressed an interest, like Manic Mechanic, moklodge, Phil68, BMack (Bruce MacKenzie), AFrider12R3R, Buffalo Soldier, et al, will be able to join in the fun!

I'm going to do my best to get some miles in tomorrow since it's predicted to be about 70 degrees and it just might be one of our last primo days to ride in this soon-to-be-gone, 2014 season.

Last edited:
Thanks Phil for putting together my first multi-Rocket meeting. Other than riding frequently with Jack, and seeing an occasional R3 on the road, I had never met another Rocket Captain in person.

You all are true riders and almost as much fun as my Chromehead buddies. :D

We spent just a little too much time standing around in New Hope, an activity usually left for the poser crowd. But it was worth the wait, as Art led us on a very scenic and twisty "spirited" ride up to Van Zant Airport. My camera is about shot, but I did get a couple of blurry pictures of the lineup. Maybe a couple of adult beverages will help with the focus?

The second one is a little clearer, but does not show Phil's bike at the top of the heap.

IMG_5614.JPG
IMG_5616.JPG

Hey, how'd that "other" brand get in there? :cool:

Looking forward to riding wit youse guys again, and hopefully a few others, too!

Some steadier shots taken by Jag's (Jim's) good friend, Sal:

Left to right; Dmaint, Jag, TP and Bob's good friend, Jack waiting impatiently for the others to finish eating at Fran's Pub prior to our ride.

My back, Bob, Jim (Jag) and Art (IFT) in front of the grass strip at Van Sant Airport, Tinicum, PA.

Dave, Jack, Jim, Phil and Bob in front of antique tractor used to tow gliders to and fro.

Me, Jag, Bob and Art shootin' the breeze.

Last edited:
Back