GPS visibility

monsterider

.020 Over
I am thinking of adding a gps unit to the bike, many of you seem to have them, none of the guys I know here use them. My concern is screen visibility in sunlight. Any issues? My smart phone is unreadable in the sun no matter how I shade it. That is the only concern I have.

I have trouble with mine, not blaming the unit just my old eyeballs... I wear reading glasses and have tried bifocals which helps reading the GPS and instruments but affects the road vision which I feel is more important.

My solution is to pull over when I am lost to read the GPS ;)

I have trouble with mine, not blaming the unit just my old eyeballs... I wear reading glasses and have tried bifocals which helps reading the GPS and instruments but affects the road vision which I feel is more important.

My solution is to pull over when I am lost to read the GPS ;)

You don't have voice promts on yours?

Google navigation on a Motorola Defy works perfect for me, even in sunshine
Plus à speedometer app, music and phone...and all for free

I love open source :)

My tom tom is fine, you just tilt it further if the sun is shining on the screen. here is how I have mounted mine.

I have an iphone with Tom Tom app on it and a holder with power that I bought off e bay from a company in the UK. Very well priced and weather proof, charges the phone as i ride. I'm on the Gold Coast and have a nice amount of sun most of the year and can see the screen fine.

Back