Nat67

Rockgoblin
Ride
Rocket 3 2010 roadster
My poor old Rocket has laid pretty dormant since September last year as I turned my attention to building the CBR Blackbird . Late good Friday, I had an invitation to a ride out on Easter Sunday and had every intention of taking the CBR as the Rocket had been neglected . Then even later Fri night , thought to myself , would be nice to have a choice on the day tho ? 7am sat morning , gave the torquemonster a wash , wax and blow dry and the momentum built . Pulled the rear wheel and went on a 50mile round trip to get my new Excedra Max tyre fitted , removed bevel box , greased spines , replaced oil in bevel box , reffited wheel , replaced rear disc pads , changed rear brake fluid and fitted new chrome swing arm covers
. Removed stock handlebars and fitted new T bars and kurykyn grips , changed engine oil / filter , did iscv reset and adjustment and finished with a good polish and bled front brakes . Come Sunday morning , I looked at both bikes . The Rocket called the loudest . She barked into life at first stab of the button and then completed a 150 mile ride without missing a beat ! The weather stayed dry and it was good to be alive . I LOVE MY ROCKET ! :inlove :inlove
Ps thanks to @chandelierman for the bars , little bit of grinding to get the perches to fit nice , but well worth the effort , I love em ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My poor old Rocket has laid pretty dormant since September last year as I turned my attention to building the CBR Blackbird . Late good Friday, I had an invitation to a ride out on Easter Sunday and had every intention of taking the CBR as the Rocket had been neglected . Then even later Fri night , thought to myself , would be nice to have a choice on the day tho ? 7am sat morning , gave the torquemonster a wash , wax and blow dry and the momentum built . Pulled the rear wheel and went on a 50mile round trip to get my new Excedra Max tyre fitted , removed bevel box , greased spines , replaced oil in bevel box , reffited wheel , replaced rear disc pads , changed rear brake fluid and fitted new chrome swing arm covers
. Removed stock handlebars and fitted new T bars and kurykyn grips , changed engine oil / filter , did iscv reset and adjustment and finished with a good polish and bled front brakes . Come Sunday morning , I looked at both bikes . The Rocket called the loudest . She barked into life at first stab of the button and then completed a 150 mile ride without missing a beat ! The weather stayed dry and it was good to be alive . I LOVE MY ROCKET ! :inlove :inlove
Ps thanks to @chandelierman for the bars , little bit of grinding to get the perches to fit nice , but well worth the effort , I love em ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I recently put my beast on the Ebay as I need some cash for other things got lots of interest think I could of sold the old girl 3 times in the first 24 hours BUT I just could not bring myself to do it ..so I'm keeping it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;)

Last edited:
I recently put my beast on the Ebay as I need some cash for other things got lots of interest think I could of sold the old girl 3 times in the first 24 hours BUT I just could not bring myself to do it ..so I'm keeping it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;)
I know what you mean . Other bikes can come and go , but there's nothing quite like a rocket !

For some reason the brake master cylinder bound up against the larger diameter bar , tightening the clamp pinched the cylinder against the bar so I eased it , same with the clutch perch , I will post some pictures . No biggie!
Did you slide the master cylinder and clutch lever assembly up to the 34mm Cross bar before tightening up the C clamps?

Back