Got my TFC -- couple of questions/observations

Goathair

Standard Bore
Ride
TFC R3, TFC Bobber
Hey all,

New here obviously. Took delivery of my TFC R3 last week. The bike is mostly awesome. Also picked up a Bobber, and may start looking for a Thruxton ;)

Needs:
  1. More exhaust volume/tone. I've been reading that the way they did it will be really hard to bypass or remove the catalytic converter?
  2. A rear fender delete. I see a couple people are making these, and found a company in France who is building some shortly, but unfortunately the backing is larger than my plate (4x7). Not sure how that will look.
Issues:
  1. Straight from the dealer I'm getting a low front tire pressure idiot light. I haven't checked the actual pressure yet, so it's possible it is actually low.
  2. Getting a low battery light for the key fob at 120 miles
  3. Already have a recall

Attachments

• IMG_5262.JPG
    IMG_5262.JPG
    321.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5612.JPG
    IMG_5612.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5745.PNG
    IMG_5745.PNG
    313.6 KB · Views: 60
Hey all,

New here obviously. Took delivery of my TFC R3 last week. The bike is mostly awesome. Also picked up a Bobber, and may start looking for a Thruxton ;)

Needs:
  1. More exhaust volume/tone. I've been reading that the way they did it will be really hard to bypass or remove the catalytic converter?
  2. A rear fender delete. I see a couple people are making these, and found a company in France who is building some shortly, but unfortunately the backing is larger than my plate (4x7). Not sure how that will look.
Issues:
  1. Straight from the dealer I'm getting a low front tire pressure idiot light. I haven't checked the actual pressure yet, so it's possible it is actually low.
  3. Already have a recall
I have almost 11,000 miles on my GT that I got in January. The low battery light for the key fob has gone off intermittently but has never actually been anything but an annoyance. However I do carry a spare battery under the seat just in case. My tire monitors have worked flawlessly so far.

I’ve had no issues with tires or fobs yet you could check the pressure and change out the FOB battery to play it safe.

As far as sound goes I have had plenty of loud bikes and my older generation Roadster gives me plenty of loud. I kind of like big power without to much noise. You might just ride it for a few thousand miles to see if you learn to appreciate what it sounds like.

The tail piece delete will throw more debris up your back.

Hey all,

Needs:
Issues:
  3. Already have a recall
What's the recall for?

Hey...'Goat-hair', congrats. Got a hunch the seat trim recall is for mere mortals with 'R' and 'GT' models. The seat on your TFC is leather and a bit different.
The tire pressure 'ya gonna die' message is a pain in the grass. Chances are your tires are properly inflated, just to a lower pressure than the manual says.
About Noise: These R3's send a different message: 'Speak softly but carry a big stick". Particularly those TFC's which are the pinnacle of Brit refinement concealing big muscle. Shame to mess with those pretty CF 'Arrows'. When you do, you'll provably be tampering with the state of tune as well.

Back