Got my dealertool... and she wants to play with it....

pica

cheeky boy ぴか
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
Just got my Dealertool OBDII thing from UK a couple days ago and before I can get the activation code and surprise my rocket and tell her that I got this thing for when I need to bleed her brakes, she said =" lets play!" and in the morning starting my ride, when I click the "start switch" I just loose all power and all went black... I restarted my starting procedure and this time worked fine... ok....

I went away for my ride (great ride! hot and sweating like a pig, but smiling!) and she did the same thing when I wanted to start her again for my way back home and this time throw me a wrench, date and time went back to 2000...

1628361695917.png

....ok. arrived home, had my shower, relax...

... in the afternoon I went down to the garage, reset the date time to the correct values, and away the wrench goes... umm.
check DTC codes with my car OBDII tool and no codes, all normal.

1628361737276.png
1628361757753.png
1628361801719.png

Voltage normal, but noticed that both battery post bolts where a bit loose.
Adjusted them at least till I get the new bolts from UK in some recall (just kidding!)
Starts fine now, no more surprises.

So end of the posting.
All normal (fingers crossed). Got the ECU data to request my code from dealertool, so will play with that later on.

Enjoy your weekend!

as I am on this battery checking, this is a good idea...

FWIW...we all know those bolts in the battery are a pain to do up of the nut comes off when youre loosening it. I got a 4 inch nail and flattened the end of it for about a half inch, then i put it in the bench vice and bent it so there was a 90 degree elbow on it. So now i can push the flattened bit under the nut and lift it up while i turn the bolt...it engages immediately....youre welcome.

Mine did the same thing. Like yours the battery connection was loose on both post, I used lock tight on both post bolts. I also have the dealer tool but I can't get the wrench to disappear. Shows no fault codes. Reset dates and time with no luck, I just ride it with the wrench on the screen

I do that to my batteries except I use a hose with the inside diameter the same as the threaded part on the bolt and install the hose with the hole mounted vertical. Doing so allows the bolt full depth as it screws into the hole in the hose, also when bolt is installed it helps hold the tube in place.

Just got my Dealertool OBDII thing from UK a couple days ago and before I can get the activation code and surprise my rocket and tell her that I got this thing for when I need to bleed her brakes, she said =" lets play!" and in the morning starting my ride, when I click the "start switch" I just loose all power and all went black... I restarted my starting procedure and this time worked fine... ok....

I went away for my ride (great ride! hot and sweating like a pig, but smiling!) and she did the same thing when I wanted to start her again for my way back home and this time throw me a wrench, date and time went back to 2000...

1628361695917.png

....ok. arrived home, had my shower, relax...

... in the afternoon I went down to the garage, reset the date time to the correct values, and away the wrench goes... umm.
check DTC codes with my car OBDII tool and no codes, all normal.

1628361737276.png
1628361757753.png
1628361801719.png

Voltage normal, but noticed that both battery post bolts where a bit loose.
Adjusted them at least till I get the new bolts from UK in some recall (just kidding!)
Starts fine now, no more surprises.

So end of the posting.
All normal (fingers crossed). Got the ECU data to request my code from dealertool, so will play with that later on.

Enjoy your weekend!
Just had the service required light illuminate on mine after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Reset the current date but the light stayed on. Found out the service interval date defaulted to 01/01/2020. The mileage for service remained but the system will not allow me to reset the date for next service. Did you say the dealertool allows you to reset the service interval?

Back