britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
Randomly checking local Craig's List yesterday resulted in this following me home. 1979 Yamaha XS 650 certainly not stock but decent bones for put together "Bar Hopper". Been sitting for two years so needless to say carbs need work and the wiring is somewhat sketchy but I believe I can make it breath life again. Has great compression, decent paint, powder coated frame and custom spoke wheels. Not my cup of tea but hopefully it will find a new owner soon who will appreciate it's inner beauty. Loaded it on my trailer with a clear matching title for $900 bucks so I believe I have some wiggle room.......

DSC03152.JPG DSC03153.JPG DSC03154.JPG DSC03155.JPG

Randomly checking local Craig's List yesterday resulted in this following me home. 1979 Yamaha XS 650 certainly not stock but decent bones for put together "Bar Hopper". Been sitting for two years so needless to say carbs need work and the wiring is somewhat sketchy but I believe I can make it breath life again. Has great compression, decent paint, powder coated frame and custom spoke wheels. Not my cup of tea but hopefully it will find a new owner soon who will appreciate it's inner beauty. Loaded it on my trailer with a clear matching title for $900 bucks so I believe I have some wiggle room.......

DSC03152.JPG DSC03153.JPG DSC03154.JPG DSC03155.JPG
I would put a fat azz John Deere tractor seat on that thing and lengthen the pipes a bit. Those old yammie 650 twins are indestructible motors.

Well it is done basically. I still need to do a little adjustment here and there and clean it thoroughly from top to bottom but the old bike runs great. It has a new homemade wiring harness and a real ignition switch not a toggle. Carbs rebuilt, new battery, valves and timing set, and a new set of longer headers that actually have baffles. It fire on the second kick every time and hopefully a new owner will be located shortly after I list it in the next couple of weeks. Being 6'4'' I look a monkey having relations with a football when I ride it. I don't know if I will make that much or anything if and and when it sells, but at least another is back from the dead....

Attachments

• DSC03219.JPG
    DSC03219.JPG
    368.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC03220.JPG
    DSC03220.JPG
    327.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC03218.JPG
    DSC03218.JPG
    362.5 KB · Views: 1
Back