Got it at last

leemo

.040 Over
Picked up the Rocket at last :D :D, had a tear in the eye :cry: when taking the Trident (would of kept it but no room).
Realy enyoyed the first ride. Enjoyed a nice leasurly ride home just looking cool. 8) 8)
A few questions to you experienced ones.
Q. Does it feel like it wants to pull to one side at low speeds (walking), is this because of the rotation of the engine, it goes away when going faster.
Q. Is the gearbox cluncy in the low gears.
Q. How do you zero the trip meters.
Q. How do you get to the battery.

There is no hand book with it hence the most obvious inquireys.

See you on the road. :D :D

Gearbox is clunky , but gets better with more miles .
Battery is under seat .
Reset clocks by twisting the knob on the side of clock and holding for a few seconds .
Never noticed a pull to the side , could be the camber of the road

Congrats on your bike , and enjoy rocket fun

the bike rocks left as you turn the throttle, probably due to the twist of the shaft/engine/something.

it's not bad though, it's just something that it does.. one of those little quirks.

Depending on the seat that you have, there are some tricks to make it easier to remove. They all begin with inserting your key into the right side cover.

Next, when I had the stock seat (06 Std Roc), I would put my fist into the middle of the seat and press down slightly, then turn the key with my other hand. I was rewarded with a click indicating that the seat latch had released.

I have since changed seats to the new dual tour with driver backrest. The procedure changed slightly. Now I stand on the left side of the bike, reach under the left side of the passenger seat and pull the ring that is there. This releases the back seat. Then I repeat the procedure above to remove the seat.

Enjoy the new ride...

My gear box is very cluncky, always gets a few looks from my riding buddies when we slow down for a stop. When the bike is in motion, I have never noticed a twist to the side. When you blip the throttle at a stop you will feel it torqe to one side. Try that on a Boss Hoss and you better have 1 leg braced securely.

To reduce clunk on low speed down shifts blip the throttle as you're stepping on the gear lever. This is also good for scaring pedestrians when done with ToRs and a cat delete.

The bike will tend to the left because the main crank gear is spinning that way. A lot of that inertia is balanced by the clutch and transmission spinning the opposite way but it isn't perfect balance so you can still feel the leaning to left if you really rev hard. Usually isn't enough to upset normal riding even at low speeds but must be taken into account for drag launches and such. You could possibly have a fork alignment or tire imbalance if the leaning tendency isn't related to engine speed.

LEEMO
If ya got any worries mate i'm only a couple of miles down the road, PM me and i can nip over and put your mind at rest 8)
I can let you have the handbook for a while and you can read up on stuff.

Back