joey fletcher

My Son's Bike
Ride
Recliner
I had the pleasure to meet Mully 95 this morning. He came by the house on his way home from his get togeather with some of his friends at Falls Lake this weekend.

A very nice young man for sure. We had a cup of coffee.....looked at some of my toys and Ol' Rocket III. He has the Roadster, which I like.. I think the Roadster would be better for longer rides than my ol crusier.

He took my Ol'Rocket for a short ride.....I am sure he was being polite by saying nice things about my ol'girl....but it did look funny watching him trying to find the shifter on the crusier.

I am looking foward to seeing him again at MV and the rest of you guys that hang around on this site.

Mully should get home around 5- 5:30 this afternoon

I made it home safe and sound but I have to say that I have never seen so much traffic on the interstate on a Sunday afternoon. Good grief!

LOL!
Yeah I have never rode another Rocket but mine so the footrests was a little hard to find. I learned a humbling lesson this afternoon after Joey graciously let me ride his beloved Rocket. Just because a Rocket is a Roadster doesn't mean it will out perform other non-Roadster Rockets. Joey's bike will out perform my Roadster.... yes yes it's true. Could be he has the Jardines and I don't or maybe perhaps a better tune but his bike will get up and go! I really didn't get down on it hard like Joey would have but I gave her enough to know the difference in his bike and mine. So I can honestly say without being to ashamed "I don't want none!" lol

I really enjoyed my visit with Joey ... super nice guy! The world needs more people like him that's for sure.

NOW you know why the hell I'm gettin out of there Marland. You can't ride without traffic all around you talkin and texting on cell phones and taking runs at your legs and its 24/7/365. The law of averages would dictate that you would suffer a serious accident on a motorcycle there eventually. I discussed this very issue with Trooper Mark Brown (now retired and trainer for NC motorcycle mounted troopers) and I asked that if I used excessive throttle to extricate myself from potentially dangerous traffic situations would I be stopped and be issued a citation ? He said that in the Raleigh/Durham area and along the major highways that they understand if you apply throttle to get away from packs of maniacal cagers........he also said don't do it for 2 or 3 miles with a grin.

Hell. Now I have to go meet Joey. Back in Raleigh late Sunday. I will call you. Marland, you got rain gear, ride up to the Meltdown.

NOW you know why the hell I'm gettin out of there Marland. You can't ride without traffic all around you talkin and texting on cell phones and taking runs at your legs and its 24/7/365. The law of averages would dictate that you would suffer a serious accident on a motorcycle there eventually. I discussed this very issue with Trooper Mark Brown (now retired and trainer for NC motorcycle mounted troopers) and I asked that if I used excessive throttle to extricate myself from potentially dangerous traffic situations would I be stopped and be issued a citation ? He said that in the Raleigh/Durham area and along the major highways that they understand if you apply throttle to get away from packs of maniacal cagers........he also said don't do it for 2 or 3 miles with a grin.

Hell. Now I have to go meet Joey. Back in Raleigh late Sunday. I will call you. Marland, you got rain gear, ride up to the Meltdown.

I believe you that's for sure! Somewhere between Charlotte and R/Durham I think it was they are making the interstate wider. They need to with all that traffic. I got down in SC between Greenville and Anderson and the traffic was nothing compared to up in NC.

Meltdown?? I don't believe I have seen that one. I take a look around you might have to fill me in.

The Carolinas have the craziest, rudest drivers I've ever seen, especially the Charleston area. I rode to Key West and back last year, I stopped to see my daughter in Charleston, SC, never saw people so crazy and rude on the whole trip, unbelievable. I finally just settled in the right lane.

The Carolinas have the craziest, rudest drivers I've ever seen, especially the Charleston area. I rode to Key West and back last year, I stopped to see my daughter in Charleston, SC, never saw people so crazy and rude on the whole trip, unbelievable. I finally just settled in the right lane.

Hmmm I thought the same thing about New York, NY. The lights would turn green and everyone would lay on the horn. Like these idiots thought that the horn would really get the traffic moving any faster? And I heard the UPS man using language that would make a sailor blush. :eek:

IDK, I live in the other end of the state, NYC is somewhere I would never, ever want to drive.

Hmmm I thought the same thing about New York, NY. The lights would turn green and everyone would lay on the horn. Like these idiots thought that the horn would really get the traffic moving any faster? And I heard the UPS man using language that would make a sailor blush. :eek:

Nice folks there........:rolleyes:

Back