Got a new helmet, went for a 800 mi weekend test ride.

Wannbe

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3R
My wife planned a weekend getaway and my old helmet was just no longer comfortable. ( probably not safe either since it is about 15 yrs old)
Went to Cycle Gear in Huntsville Al and tried on all that would fit me. Just couldn't find one that I liked. Finally the guy brings a Shoei Neotec 2. It fit great and had all the features I wanted. Except for the price, it was what I wanted. So I splurged and got it. Also added the Sena for neotec that is fully integrated to fit seamlessly into the helmet. Got my wife the sena 10 unit also.
This helmet is very comfortable and the vents pull air through so good I could feel the air going through my hair. Of course the pads are removable and washable.
The real quality comes at speed. It is incredibly stable and never tried to ride up or shake at speeds up to triple digit. It doesn't pull when you turn from side to side and still stays stable. I am very happy with the fit, comfort and the look of this helmet. The shield and the drop down sunglass shield worked great and were optically clear. I will go back and get the transitions type shield.
The only negative I have with the Neotec 2 is the noise. It seems very loud, but I think that may be the way my bike is set up. I have the flyscreen and the wind from it hits me at the top of my chest causing air to deflect up to the bottom of the helmet.

Now on to the Sena, I am very impressed at the way it fits seamlessly into the helmet. Everything is made to fit into the helmet and you have to really look for it to know it's there. It worked great all weekend and the only problems were user errors because of the learning curve and my lack of technical skills..

Overall I'm happy with the purchase and performance. The price was painful, but I just kept thinking my head is worth it.

My wife planned a weekend getaway and my old helmet was just no longer comfortable. ( probably not safe either since it is about 15 yrs old)
Went to Cycle Gear in Huntsville Al and tried on all that would fit me. Just couldn't find one that I liked. Finally the guy brings a Shoei Neotec 2. It fit great and had all the features I wanted. Except for the price, it was what I wanted. So I splurged and got it. Also added the Sena for neotec that is fully integrated to fit seamlessly into the helmet. Got my wife the sena 10 unit also.
This helmet is very comfortable and the vents pull air through so good I could feel the air going through my hair. Of course the pads are removable and washable.
The real quality comes at speed. It is incredibly stable and never tried to ride up or shake at speeds up to triple digit. It doesn't pull when you turn from side to side and still stays stable. I am very happy with the fit, comfort and the look of this helmet. The shield and the drop down sunglass shield worked great and were optically clear. I will go back and get the transitions type shield.
The only negative I have with the Neotec 2 is the noise. It seems very loud, but I think that may be the way my bike is set up. I have the flyscreen and the wind from it hits me at the top of my chest causing air to deflect up to the bottom of the helmet.

Now on to the Sena, I am very impressed at the way it fits seamlessly into the helmet. Everything is made to fit into the helmet and you have to really look for it to know it's there. It worked great all weekend and the only problems were user errors because of the learning curve and my lack of technical skills..

Overall I'm happy with the purchase and performance. The price was painful, but I just kept thinking my head is worth it.

Same one I have, I’m glad you like it too!!
The price is a bit of a shocker!!

I have 2 Shoei "Quest" helmets, and love them. It's amazing how they are designed. I get less buffeting with one on, than with no helmet at all.

Been using Shoei since I started wearing full face. One of the few that fits the giant melon. I personally think the quality is second to none. You could spend more (Schuberth) but are you really getting more? For me that answer is a resounding NO. Currently have a GT-Air new in the box which I will use when it cools down. No longer made but supposedly pushes the most air, hence the name.

Last edited:
I would probably switch to Shoei if not having 4 different Schuberth helmets on the shelf.. I have big head so have to stick with those few manufacturers who produce for us giants. For example, Schuberth C3 is real junk for it´s MSRP (materials, liners, non existing ventilation), but here in Europe you can find 45-60% off new. On Shoei, if you get 20% off after season, you are lucky. It speaks for itself.. I have Sena system that hides all inside helmet and it works just perfect for me. I sometimes pick up the calls when riding and people have no clue I am on my motorcycle.

ime - if a lid vents well - this means it has vents in it. These generate noise - close vents noise usually reduces A LOT. But then one sweats.

C3 has vents that do almost nothing. Zero ventilation when you have proper screen fitted on your bike.

I am still wondering, why no one builds active noise cancelling into motorcycle helmets. It should not be a problem at all to do it for 50$ or so.

Back