Got a dyno tune today...

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Took my bike down to the Dyno Jet team at Honda Country in Ashburton...about an hour and a quarter away from home.
It's the third bike they have tuned for me and i couldnt ask for better service. Andrew Rudd is doing the tuning now and he is very clued up re tunes and is a very successful race rider. Nice Guys.
I had installed the tune from my 2014 Roadster into the PCV on this bike which is a 2016 Roadster.
The 2014 had decat, triple K&N pods and tors.
This bike has K&N pods plus Jardine headers and cans and i was keen to see if the tune was correct or not.
Turns out the tune in the bike was very lean at about 3/4 throttle up...not good so i'm glad i had it done.
The ride home was great with the bike performing WAY better....less throttle for better response all the way thru the rev range...probably better fuel economy too i'm guessing.
20180713_174135.jpg

You can see the "old" A/F line where the 15.38 is...real lean!!!the new one is at the 13.05, far better now.
20180713_174203.jpg

The new rear wheel HP is now 135...not a huge increase but the torque figures jumped!!

20180713_174219.jpg

Pretty happy with the results....

Awesome! I love when tuning shows exactly what it should :p

Another validation of “go get a custom tune” :). Enjoy your new found torque and throttle response!

Do you mind sharing what the base tune you used was?

You mean what was already there?
If so, it was the dyno tune from my 2014 which i had saved in my computor on the PCV. I just loaded it into my 2016 at 1000kms from my computer into the PCV on the 2016 and did a 12 min tune afterwards....shows the difference between the two machines even tho they are both late model Roadsters...one has the different headers and cans than the other is all....

The tune guy bought my existing tune up on the screen and showed me what it was then proceeded to tune the bike altering the original tunes settings. Well, at least thats how i saw it.
The tune that was in the bike was the tune they did on my 2014. I remember when they originally did the 2014 tune, he used a Triumph tune from a 2011 Rocket but not sure now which one it was??..It would have been one to suit a bike with aftermarket cans and k&n filter i think...cant be sure tho sorry.

Youre asking me???...I was standing there with my ear muffs on watching the gauges flickering all over the place...not understanding too much...the place was roaring...lights flashing...numbers changing...then it was over...a bit like a drunken f**K!
Then he told and showed me the results and why it was a good idea to have it tuned. We spend 25k-30k-35k on a bike so a $400 dollar tune aint much to make sure it s healthy.

Sleeves suggested to me today over a coffee in town here, that if i had removed the "Restrictions" in 1st, 2nd and thirdgears imay have got more Horsepower. My understanding is that those restrictions were lifted on the Roadster in 2013 or 2014 in the manufacturing?...I have read this in a number of articles. My bike jumps thru those first three gears really well and i have lifted the wheel, albeit by mistake, on takeoff.
Think i'm correct on this but???
The bike goes real nice now...sounds good, pulls hard and is a honey to ride and spend time with...i think i'm in love!!!
images.jpg

Back