GoPro mounting

RKTNMYPKT

Village Idiot
Ride
2021 HD RoadGlide
I've had this GoPro hanging around since Christmas, thought I'd give it a try

Has anybody tried using the suction cup mount on the tank? I'm trying to avoid mounting it on my helmet if possible

Thanks!

image.jpg
image.jpg

I use go pros on my bike but I'm not sure if I'd have a lot of faith in a suction cup. I use various RAM mounts along with a variety of gopro mounts to attach the camera to different locations on the bike.
GPS CITY has a good selection of mounts
http://www.gpscity.com/search/q=gopro/&p=10
The gopro bicycle mount works great on the handlebars.

I use go pros on my bike but I'm not sure if I'd have a lot of faith in a suction cup. I use various RAM mounts along with a variety of gopro mounts to attach the camera to different locations on the bike.
GPS CITY has a good selection of mounts
http://www.gpscity.com/search/q=gopro/&p=10
The gopro bicycle mount works great on the handlebars.

I have a bunch of mounts with the adhesive back, But I'll only use those on the helmet if I go that way, I'll look around for the handlebar mount you mentioned

The suction cup seems pretty secure though.....

By the way, biggest problem with the suction cup mount the way you have it (assuming it's secure) is the number of extensions you have. In my experience that set up will give you a fair bit of vibration. 1 join is best and 2 is OK if you can get them tight enough.

Like CanberraR3 I mounted mine on my crash bars. I did have a chest mount but did not like it as it showed my speedometer, call me paranoid but I don't want any video evidence of my speed(ing).

By the way, biggest problem with the suction cup mount the way you have it (assuming it's secure) is the number of extensions you have. In my experience that set up will give you a fair bit of vibration. 1 join is best and 2 is OK if you can get them tight enough.

Yeah. As I was piecing all those together I was thinking the same thing..... :)

[Knowing="RKTNMYPKT, post: 262237, member: 2820"]I've had this GoPro hanging around since Christmas, thought I'd give it a try

Has anybody tried using the suction cup mount on the tank? I'm trying to avoid mounting it on my helmet if possible

Thanks!

image.jpg
image.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Knowing your bachelor status at the moment, I thought your thread title was advice not a question :roll::roll::roll:

[Knowing="RKTNMYPKT, post: 262237, member: 2820"]I've had this GoPro hanging around since Christmas, thought I'd give it a try

Thanks!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Knowing your bachelor status at the moment, I thought your thread title was advice not a question :roll::roll::roll:[/QUOTE]

Wanna see the video? :p

Back