Good news about Tuneboy

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Well well well....

After a veeeery long wait I have my hands on a working TuneBOY Live tune for roadsters + a compatible copy of TuneEDIT YEEHA! So this means actually, finally, being able to keep 3 working tunes in your ECU at all times and switching them on the fly.

So, 1st order of business is getting my CES tune ported from TuneECU over to Tuneboy (incredibly tedious and will take some time as every single cell must be moved 1 at a time). This single tune ill post as soon as I finish it, ill rough out a Carpenter exhaust version for you Carp piped guys too.

Then I plan on developing a Rain tune, using secondaries to limit ultimate power output to significantly lower than full power with much softer onset of torque with throttle opening.

As a 3rd tune, which will take some time, I'm going to develop a "lean run" tune for mileage. Something will still have full power punch at full throttle but lean cruise will be significantly leaner than slot 1 tune, which is built for pure instant throttle response. This tune will run closer to stoichiometric mixes in the cruise range, for guys who like to tour on their carp piped/ces piped/reband piped rockets.

Give me a couple days and ill get the files all posted up for everyone who owns a tuneboy :)

B I G Thanks goes out to @wilk , because without him, this would not be possible.

Well, progress is made, my tune is fully ported over, there are some software bugs I am trying to work out. Might be a conflict between PC-V and Tuneboy will have to verify later today.

Well, here we are, 2 rides into the Tuneboy tune, and the PC-V adjustments are down in the 1-2% region for the F-tables and 5% and less for the L tables.

Map 1: Refined a couple of times for CES exhaust
Map 2: My raw tune, should work as good, safe, base tune for carpenter pipes/ces/reband.
Map 3: Secondaries reduced to 50% through most of the range, this will eventually be the "Rain" map. Has not yet been tuned with 50% secondaries, I have to re-install mine first :p

Speed limit set to 200mph
Rev Limit 6700
Launch control enabled (doesn't seem to be working though :/)
Fan turn on/off temps reduced, no need to cook the motor...
89 Octane (us method) fuel should be used.

This is a LIVE tune, you will need TuneEdit 5.1.0.8 and FlashKeihin to install with your tuneboy.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByAqGQEtnUs_VjFPWWY3eGZHUW8

I us 19 from 0-1900 RPM, after that its 0, all F table. Makes for a nice mark that lines up with the 20% row in PC-V at 2000 RPM to know mentally that's the F table break point.

The by gear function is really, really nice to have. Did some logging recently and there is a distinct fueling difference going through the gears.

Found a spot on island that is very long, very up-hill, and into a very strong wind. The perfect spot to slow down the rate of acceleration at 100% throttle enough to get really good datalogs in 4th and 5th.

@R-III-R Turbo The zip file here should have all required software for the new TuneboyLIVE v4 software:

V4 TRIUMPH Live Software - Google Drive

Yeah, the versions are not cross-compatible. TuneboyLIVE is blind to old tunes, and old software can't deal with the new tunes.

:((

Back