Good Luck to all the Texas Captains

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
Looks like IKE is going to cause some big damage down you way. All the best for a safe passage through the storm for you and your families.

Be Safe

As you prepare for Ike, we've got several tornadoes touching down in the Kansas City area as I write this note.

They say if you don't have a basement, get under the largest piece of furniture you have. Problem is, I'm bigger than any piece of furniture. At least it won't get blown away.

Everyone take extreme caution and be safe.

looks like this might have been a better weekend for the Texas Rockets to go north. Take cover and and keep your candles handy. Strange things happen in the dark. Be on the lookout for those nasty Orbs.

Actually they don't say that anymore. They now say to lay beside the big piece of furniture. Because when the ceiling falls in and falls on that big piece of furniture you will be crushed. But when it does this there is an empty space beside the furniture. When I was growing up in the panhandle of TX they also always told us to open a window because the tornado causes a vacuum effect and the house will explode. Now they also say don't do that. I looked it all up last time we had tornado sirens going off here cause Bear and I were in disagreement about what to do. The one thing I knew was that we do not have storm cellars around here. Probably cause you can't dig them in the granite rock. And the lowest area I knew to go was in a half dry pond that would be full of snakes. And the fright of that would kill me before the tornado, so I wasn't going there.
Good luck to you!!!

I wish you Texan's and Cajuns all the best. We had lowland flooding and the waves were breaking surfboards Thursday. Wednesday I hit the beach and those waves were almost too much for this old fart. Time for the best structure around to have a hurricane party.

Well.. we didn't even get a drop of rain where I'm at. Hope Paul and Bohica are okay though. That thing is just sitting there blowing a constant 100 MPH!

We even have a heavy rain and possible tornado alert here in SE Michigan. Need the rain though.

Looks like Ike is tearing Texas a new A'Hole.

I still don't understand why, with all the technology we have at our disposal, we can't at least minimize the effects of a hurricane.

I'm sure gasoline prices will spike above 5 bucks a gallon. The media is already preparing the populus for that by saying that the bulk of the refining capacity is in the Galveston Bay area which isn't true but most people don't realize that. There are large refineries all over the country, all fed by underground transmission lines.

Feed the public BS and they believe it. Typical of our gummit.

Good luck down there. I've been through one tornado, never a hurricane. Tornado was bad enough and I have to say, sometimes cold weather and snow is a whole lot better than what you deal with on the gulf and Florida coast.

I like snow! Not the cold. But like the snow. Guess I am a confused gal. But I like the sunshine best lol!

No rain here either. Having the regular warm, partial cloudy day we have been experiencing. Was really hoping for some of the rain of the storm.

Flip,
Just move to the Austin or San Antonio area and you don't have to deal with all that stuff.. :) Today, we went to my son's soccer game, and I finally got to start tearing my bike down to clean it up ( love bugs are crammed everywhere!). It's a nice 90 degree day with a light breeze.

Hurricane Update

My brother is here from Clear Lake. He's getting updates from friends who stayed there. He works at the Houston Ship Channel. So far, there is no power pretty much all the way to Sealy and they are looking at it being another week at least before power is restored in places. I know Paul Hyland lives right there, and Bohica is somewhere around that area as well. Hoping all is well.

I have heard that the church my wife and I got married in in Mont Belvieu, TX lost a good bit of roof, and one of the ladies there lost her roof as well. My brother's boss's house is gone.. nothing left but a slab and some PVC sticking up. Sounds like my brother's apartment is fine, and the rest of my family has survived with little to no damage.

Back