"Good Looking" Handlebar Mounted USB Power Sources??

E_Rock

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster, 2005 Speedmaster
Hi everybody.
I am looking for handlebar mounted USB power outlet options to charge my phone that is both reliable and good looking. I have found a lot of options that are waterproof but not visually pleasing, looking more like something that I would have seen installed on my vehicle when I was still in the Army.

I am trying to possibly find something in chrome like the bullet-style Kuryakyn cigarette lighter charger, especially since I do not want to fuss around with CLA adaptors that can vibrate out of the socket. The only nice looking option that I have seen has been the EKLIPES dula 12V and usb "chrome" accessory, but I have read a lot of reviews talking about the poor craftsmanship and quality.

I have a CTek port for charging on my bike now, if worse comes to worse I will always run a long extension line under the gas tank and plug in my CTek CLA adaptor and tie if off somewhere in front. Of course I would much rather have a good-looking option!

Does anybody out there have any possible suggestions that be good quality as we as looking good mounted on my bike?

Thanks!

I used a USB adaptor from the power outlet on the LH side of the bike, from this i used a extra long Iphone cable and laid it up under the tank so it protruded in between my guages and screen

If you have the Triumph accessory outlet installed you can buy one of the BMW Din to USB adapters unless you want it mounted on the handlebar. Do a google search for...

bmw hella plug to usb connector

You'll be sure and find what you want.

Similar to @Wrecka, I left the outlet at the left connected, but
I wired up a two port USB connector under the seat (in the former air filter cavity).
I ran one wire under the tank where the mini USB plugs into my Garmin GPS mounted on the bars.
Works well whil leaving one USB port available as well as the power outlet for anything else.

Well, then just get the Kuryakyn chrome bullet style cigarette lighter socket. I have one of those.

https://store.griffintechnology.com/powerjolt-dual-universal-micro - I have a very similar, almost identical, unit in mine. It's so low profile you can push it into the outlet, and then close the rubber cover on it and the unit remains dry when not in use.

Then if you need a cigarette lighter outlet - just pull out the USB adapter.

Having it vibrate out is never going to happen. I've used my setup now for two years and it's worked perfectly.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but just tell quick..... What kind of phone mount do you guys use? I'd like one to mount just above/behind my gauges, since I plan on getting a flyscreen.

The go-to choice for mounting about anything would be http://www.rammount.com in my opinion. You need to mount one "permanent" part to the bike, a small black rubber ball. You then clamp the arm etc onto that ball when you need the mount on the bike.

The mounting ball can be attached just about anywhere you can fit one. They have an option to mount it to the mirror stem, to the brake cylinder cover, replace half of the clutch grip clamp to the bars with their version that has one or two mounting points, the good old fashioned steering bar clamp etc. Personally I replaced two of the bolts that hold my handlebars in place with their M8 bolts that have the ball on them so I have two pretty discreet mounting points on the bike.

As for the part that actually holds the phone, their X-Grip lineup is good, I use one of those. http://www.rammount.com/products/xgrip Though I always mount it horizontally so the phone rests on two of the gripping arms instead of just being held by the pressure as it would vertically.

Used that setup now for two years too, and it has worked pretty much flawlessly. I got a Lifeproof.com case for my iPhone, so it's now IP68 water/dustproof while in the case. Did an 8 hour run in a Norwegian downpour and the phone remained bone dry (doing GPS duties with the Tomtom GPS app).

The go-to choice for mounting about anything would be http://www.rammount.com in my opinion. You need to mount one "permanent" part to the bike, a small black rubber ball. You then clamp the arm etc onto that ball when you need the mount on the bike.

The mounting ball can be attached just about anywhere you can fit one. They have an option to mount it to the mirror stem, to the brake cylinder cover, replace half of the clutch grip clamp to the bars with their version that has one or two mounting points, the good old fashioned steering bar clamp etc. Personally I replaced two of the bolts that hold my handlebars in place with their M8 bolts that have the ball on them so I have two pretty discreet mounting points on the bike.

As for the part that actually holds the phone, their X-Grip lineup is good, I use one of those. http://www.rammount.com/products/xgrip Though I always mount it horizontally so the phone rests on two of the gripping arms instead of just being held by the pressure as it would vertically.

Used that setup now for two years too, and it has worked pretty much flawlessly. I got a Lifeproof.com case for my iPhone, so it's now IP68 water/dustproof while in the case. Did an 8 hour run in a Norwegian downpour and the phone remained bone dry (doing GPS duties with the Tomtom GPS app).
Wow! Thanks a lot, for the advice brother!

If you have the Triumph accessory outlet installed you can buy one of the BMW Din to USB adapters unless you want it mounted on the handlebar. Do a google search for...

bmw hella plug to usb connector

You'll be sure and find what you want.

where would that acessory outlet be placed on the R3T? is there a set place for it or is it an anywhere the dealer can fit it kinda thing?

Back