Good God I’m Already Worn Out

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
I bought my bike used and can’t remember the mileage but now at 4200 miles the rear is bald in the center. I checked it at the dealer and we all agreed that it was done but it still had some tread in the center. After the 50 mile ride home it was completely gone, BALD!:eek:

What is the lowest mileage you have gotten out of a rear? I knew I’d eat tires on this but this is shocking to me. I care most about grip and performance, cost is not a big issue and thank God mileage is not a big deal. How fast can you wear a rear out?:laugh:

Short of going dark (for those that like the idea and I'm not one of them) expect to go through a rear every 6 to 8k km
I guess I’ll get even less if I put a mod kit on it right? Is it the torque these things produce?

Avon Cobra is the tire for performance, handling and mileage too believe it or not. I get 10,000 miles on my rear tire and I'm an aggressive rider.

I do track days, go to the drag strip 3-4 times a season and do dyno pulls. And while riding I use the full width of the tire. No chicken strips on my tires. I have used 3 sets and have had great results.

Expensive from a dealer, but priced well at Rocky Mountain ATV.

Rear Tire Avon Cobra AV72 240/50VR/16 (84V) currently $233.88.

Avon Cobra AV72 Rear Motorcycle Tire

Change the front to Avon Cobra AV71 140/75V/17 (67V). $127.88 Much better handling.

Avon Cobra AV71 Front Motorcycle Tire

Or the standard size if you want to stay with that. 150/80R/17 (71V) $154.88

Avon Cobra AV71 Front Motorcycle Tire

Last edited:
Back