Gonna try this....

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Recently added Progressives and grade 7 oil to the forks and wilber shocks to the rear and the bike is now planted but a little "sharp" over the bumps so b4 i start fiddling i'm gonna try dropping the tyre pressures a tad.
I currently run 38lb in the front and 42lb in the rear, gonna go 36/40 to see if it makes a difference.
Hopefully it wont affect wear. ?? Thoughts??

Do the Wilburs have compression and rebound adjusters ? You could try lowering the tyre pressures , but will probably have more joy by backing off the compression damping a couple of clicks and upping the rebound a click at a time !

They do have them. Tal that's exactly my setup, using 642 or 640 Wilbers?

Wilbers are on the sporty side regarding spring rates. When delivered my 642s were 8 clicks for all 3 adjusters. I now run them at 4 from open on mains, and 5-low speed 8-high speed. The range of adjustment is considerable.

If they still aren't quite right, you can order one of the next spring rate down, and fit it to one shock. Ponters did it on his legendary bike and found it was an exact fit afterwards for his taste.

Claviger..i have the 640 TS jobbies....
According to the card which was included with the springs, the rebound is set on 12 clicks and the preload on 8mm.
The low speed setting and high speed setting have no settings..?? just a dash written besides that on the card.

Yeah low/high are for the 642s, with piggyback reservoirs. Try turning it down to 4 instead of 12 and see how it feels, the adjuster will modify both rebound and compression damping on Wilbers.

Yeah, their idea of "optimal" is quite aggressive. I measured out the sag setting when I got mine and the preload was right. Optimal damping is a range, and, should be set to the riders preferred feel that inspires confidence, especially on a street bike.

Back