Going to ask again - really need a working light over the license plate

CrzystghndKC

Triumph guy happy he didn't work for Harley.
Ride
Triumph: 2005 & 2011 R3 Roadster
My 05 Rocket has not had a working license plate light since I bought it. Can anyone tell me what is involved in changing the bulb? How much needs disassembly? LED alternative replacements? Any info is much appreciated.

Here you go. There are several different ones, eg: Turn only, turn with tail, different colors. Look them up on YouTube. They all have license plate lights. About 200 bucks

Thread
Rear LEDs

My 05 Rocket has not had a working license plate light since I bought it. Can anyone tell me what is involved in changing the bulb? How much needs disassembly? LED alternative replacements? Any info is much appreciated.
What I meant was an LED bulb to replace the oem bulb. Not really wanting at this time to deviate from stock.

If you look under the rear fender you will see the license lamp wires running to a socket, just twist it to the left then pull out. Then just take the bulb out of the socket n replace with an led from auto parts store

Standard 1157 socket. If you buy an LED, there is a lot of discussion about the color to put behind a red lens. I believe it came out to be best to use a red bulb.

I have a red LED in mine

If you look under the rear fender you will see the license lamp wires running to a socket, just twist it to the left then pull out. Then just take the bulb out of the socket n replace with an led from auto parts store
Thank you! Guess I'll have to look closer again. At 61 I avoid laying on the garage floor to look under the fender. Its a ***** to get back up.

LED is not stock so you are deviating from stock = shame on you:D:D:D:D:D as said easy to get the stock bulb out, it is easy getting down I feel your pain at getting back up:eek:
Thanks let there be light. Oh this fender trim makes my bike illegal in Missouri.

Attachments

• 15259152330201392585390.jpg
    15259152330201392585390.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 9
Back