Glowing hot pipes??

JRCollings

.040 Over
Evening all, just a quick question - I have noticed if I run my Rocket at a couple of k revs or higher for 30 seconds or so, my down pipes / collector glow orange hot - is this normal, or?

Cheers!

My understanding is that it's normal. I tossed a set of flange covers on mine and haven't thought about it since.

**** I shift at 7K must be like 16 lbs boost and never notice my pipes glowing even before I put the chrome bling covers on the ex flanges. Sounds a wee bit lean to me.

If she is under warantee I'd ask the dealer to check it out and get it documented.

Clynder and piston is a wee bit over 300.00 a oiece without labor oh and thats a 20% discount on the parts. J&E 250.00 a wack minimun 4 to order.

Appreciate the feedback - NICE paintjob warp....

I only notice this when it is stood in the garage - the wind stops it when it is going along... but I think you are right, better safe than sorry, I will call the stealer for a warranty check.

Bikes and cars run lean stock, thats how they pass emissions. If you richen it up with a cat still in place, it will be the cat glowing from the extra fuel.

Back