Glowing Exhaust Caused by Tune?

rlumber

Standard Bore
I recently downloaded 20258 tune after installing TORS on my 08 R3T. Starts and runs fine so far however I'm afraid to take it on the road until just yet. With the new tune I noticed the exhaust glows red right away on start up at idle. Is this normal?

I'm getting ready for a 1500 mile ride. Must make sure I haven't done anything to jeopardize the Rocket.

I called the Triumph dealer just to double check that I downloaded the correct tune and they said they couldn't help me unless I come in and let them connect to bike. They also said there is probably an updated tune.

I need help.

Did you open up the secondaries before you downloaded the new tune?

My exhaust on my Rocket III Classic used to glow all the time, I bet if everyone looks at the exhaust, will riding on a dark night will notice theirs while be glowing to if its not been ceramic coated.

I think they all do it. Most people don't notice. I'm running a fairly rich tune but if I let it idle for any length of time, or raise the rpm's while sitting still, they glow pretty quick. At night they even glow a little on the highway. Nothing to worry about unless they are getting really bright. My 1.5 cents worth !

Back