GiPro w/ ATRE on the Roadster

jaredmt

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Roadster
Ok people, time for some updates. I have the GiPro on my roadster and have been working with the guys at GiPro to check things out (as it's the first Roadster test).
Everything hooks up fine, so instructions haven't changed. The Roadster does have the pink wire, like the Touring (instead of black). It does look like the Roadster might have higher voltage or resistance then the other bikes.
I've taken readings on each and sent them to the GiPro guys.
The reason I say this is due to the following. The GiPro has five modes, null, which leaves everything alone, then four others. The intent is for the bike to think it is in the following gears:
mode - : 1N2345
mode 1 : 3N3333
mode 2 : 5N5555
mode 3 : 4N4444
mode 4 : 1N4444

Since the Roadster has a built-in gear indicator, I was able to verify what gear the bike thought it was in. Here is the info:
mode 1 : 1N2222
mode 2 : 4N4444
mode 3 : 3N3333
mode 4 : 1N3333

You'll note that it's basically thinking it's in one gear lower than what the GiPro wants (thus my assumption above). Interestingly these numbers are slightly different when the engine is off (ignition, etc still on).

I'll update when I hear back from the GiPro guys.

I thought it would be interesting to see what the bike was thinking with one hooked up. Thats pretty neat, Since I typically use either setting two or three for normal and 4 when 2 up in the rain, 4th and 5th gear on my 08 are the same. I read somehwere that the Roadster used slightly different programming in 4th and 5th to manipulate the horse power and torque numbers used for advertising so there might be a slight difference between the two. I doubt that its anything noticable so settings 2 and 3 should be just fine. I am curious what Healtech has to say in the end.

First update from Healtech: They are having me run the voltage and resistance tests again, due to some variances I saw between engine on and off.
They've also indicated that w/ this info they'll make a unit specific to the Roadster, to adjust for the differences.
Onward and upward.

Cool, where will your name be credited? on the instructions or on the box? LOL
Did you tell them royalties would be acceptable compensation along with the discount? ;)

UPDATE: Done and done.
Got the new unit from Healtech and hooked her up. As mentioned earlier, the unit's four performance modes (all simply faking a gear on the bike) are essentially mimicking the following gear patterns:
mode 1 : 3N3333
mode 2 : 5N5555
mode 3 : 4N4444
mode 4 : 1N4444

Sure enough, the new unit does exactly that (bike's built-in gear selector gauge makes verification nice 'n easy :D ); so the mods they made based on our tests have panned out just fine. So if anyone has been in the market for a GiPro w/ ATRE for the R3R model, you're now in business. :cool:

Back