GIPro w/ATRE on 2009 Roadster- WHERE

OE-Guy

.020 Over
Okay,

Just got a shiny new (metaphorically speaking) new GIPro and can't for the life of me decide where to put the display. There is nothing between the Speedo and RPM gauges so where should I place it. The space between the gauges is smaller than the display. Any help is appreciated.

rac

If you remove the chrome cover from between the gauges, there should be just enough room to place it between them. I have mine mounted there, but the cover has to come off.
I used double side foam tape to level out the space between the screws, then stuck the velcro to that.

If you remove the chrome cover from between the gauges, there should be just enough room to place it between them. I have mine mounted there, but the cover has to come off.
I used double side foam tape to level out the space between the screws, then stuck the velcro to that.

Why not on top of the the cover?

rac

I simply slipped mine in between the gauges and on top of the cover. It is held in place by the tension between the gauges. It has been there for 6 months now with no problems at all.

Why not on top of the the cover?

rac
For exactly why the last post said he got it to stay between the gauges with tension ....
I didn't want the gauges crushing the display and taking off the cover gives it a flatter place to mount that sits lower between the gauges and doesn't get squished. It's only plastic and putting pressure on it can't be good for it or the gauges in the long term, especially in the sun. You can mount it there, cut and shape your own piece of aluminum for a bracket, buy a clock mount and adapt it, or spend 150 euro's for a beautifully made German enclosure.
Those are the choices I've seen.

For exactly why the last post said he got it to stay between the gauges with tension ....
I didn't want the gauges crushing the display and taking off the cover gives it a flatter place to mount that sits lower between the gauges and doesn't get squished. It's only plastic and putting pressure on it can't be good for it or the gauges in the long term, especially in the sun. You can mount it there, cut and shape your own piece of aluminum for a bracket, buy a clock mount and adapt it, or spend 150 euro's for a beautifully made German enclosure.
Those are the choices I've seen.
Or on the top of a fork leg with double sided tape - Hope to actually fit mine tomorrow.

Photos here - Works fine though in bright sunlight the digit is getting close to washed out - Once the flyscreen arrives I'll look at mounting in the shade.

Back