GIPro Install Problem (Pic) R3Touring

McRocket

.040 Over
I have uploaded a pic of the connector with the contacts pulled. In my 2008 Touring, it appears the wire is RED not PINK. The only other posibility is that I used the wrong connector. In the picture is a 3-pos triangular connector. It has a solid PINK wire that lines up with a Blk/Yel wire. The neutral light will not go one. With or without the wires connected. Any idea what I have done wrong?

Attachments

• 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 534
Installed mine a few days ago but I have A Std (two wire). I'm sure someone will pipe in and help you out.

I have uploaded a pic of the connector with the contacts pulled. In my 2008 Touring, it appears the wire is RED not PINK. The only other posibility is that I used the wrong connector. In the picture is a 3-pos triangular connector. It has a solid PINK wire that lines up with a Blk/Yel wire. The neutral light will not go one. With or without the wires connected. Any idea what I have done wrong?

You're looking OK. The two wires you have out--according to the photo--are the correct ones: solid PINK wire that lines up with a Blk/violet.

Unsure why the neutral light will not go on.

Here's the thread:

http://www.r3owners.net/rocket-performance/6380-gi-pro-gear-indicator.html

Last edited:
Here's part of what Hellfire wrote in the other post.
For the standard or classic:
To clarify the color of the stripe wire, one the bike side (Male) it's the Pink/Black (Violet/Black according to the instructions,
Triumph calls it Pink) and the solid black across from it on the sensor side (female). The other striped wire is Black/White ... leave it alone.
For the R3T:
For the R3T with three wires ... the solid black wire in the instructions,
is replaced by the solid Pink (Violet) on the sensor side (female),
and use the Pink/black (Violet/Black) directly across from it on the bike side (Male) as the other one to be relocated.
Older year bikes could very well have different color wires,
so the instructions have a couple of quick little tests to do in order to make sure you have chosen the correct wires.
It's pretty fool proof. :rolleyes: hehe

Last edited:

I would call it dark Pink. Just did it this afternoon without incident and it's working great! I did struggle a bit getting it to the point in your picture but a needle did the trick! Did you solve your issue yet? Did either of the other two terminals come lose when you were getting the Pink and Black/Lavender ones off?

Install Help for the GIpro w/ATRE & SPEEDOHEALER

Did either of the other two terminals come lose when you were getting the Pink and Black/Lavender ones off?

The terminals came out very easily. I just used a very small flat blade to lift the contact release clip. It helps if you take a good look into the connector with a magnifying glass or loupe so you can see exactly where the release clip is.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My problem is that the neutral light is still not coming on so I guess the only thing to do is finish the install and hope the system resets. Has anyone else installed the SpeedoHealer as well as the GIPro? If so, can you tell me where to find the SPEED SENSOR connector on my '08' R3Touring?

Thanks again for everyones help....:bch:

Pigr told me that there were alot of bikes that had the GPS sensor recall performed on them. It is quite possible that the sensors were of different makers and the wires coming from the GPS sensor were not the same colors as the factory part. If you verified that there is no mistake, and you are sure you have the GPS wire harness coming from the sensor ... I'd follow Dans wire choice and go with them. If you followed the steps that check for the neutral light correctly and the light is not doing what it's supposed to .... I would double check that you have the right wires. Those tests are just to make sure you DON'T use the wrong wires.

Step back from the job and go over everything again after taking a long break ... it usually helps. :eek:

I am having a similar problem with the neutral light not coming on after I pulled the two wires and repluged in the existing plug. I know I have the wires correct, Pink and Black w/pink as I have done this install before on my prior R3T. Has anyone had this problem, then continued with the install with success or do I need to get this resolved first?

Back