GiPro install help requested

Spartacus

.020 Over
I'm in the process of installing GiPro. I've followed the instructions so far; disconnect 2 pole plug on gear position connector and removed black/pink lead and inserted it into GiPro 2 pin lead. Then I disconnected pink lead from 3pin connector and installed it into GiPro 3 pin connector. I then plugged the bike 2 pin connectors back together and plugged GiPro harness to GiPro adapter as instructed. Next I connected the red positive GP lead to switched positive (PC 8) and also connected black negative GiPro lead to negative (PC 8).
Question not addressed in instruction is do I reconnect bike 3 pole harness like the the 2 pole bike harness?
When I power up the bike, the neutral light comes on (trans in neutral).
Next I went to program gear indicater. I pressed button to enter learning phase. Put bike in 1st gear. GiPro indicater flashing "1" as if learning 1st gear. Light keeps flashing and doesn't stop or move on to 2nd gear. I'm doing something wrong or missed a step. Any help out there?

gipro

are you in L mode or just in mode 1.
ignition on hold button in till L flashes.then 1 flashes select 1st gear and wait for it to flash 2 then select 2 etc.
can i suggest you remove headlight fuse.it flattened my battery!
hope this helps

are you in L mode or just in mode 1.
ignition on hold button in till L flashes.then 1 flashes select 1st gear and wait for it to flash 2 then select 2 etc.
can i suggest you remove headlight fuse.it flattened my battery!
hope this helps

i need to check mine too. im not sure its hooked up right.
i have a 2011 and the gear indicator on the bikes gauge reads correctly as does the gipro. meaning when the bike is in 2nd gear the bikes gauge says 2nd gear as does the gipro.

when you say when it flashed 1 do you then put the bike in first gear and so on?
how do you tell the gipro what gear map to use? i believe the guy who installed it set it to read gear 4 or 5 instead of using gear 3. i dont know.

gipro

yeah.when 1 flashes in learn mode you then select 1st gear it memorises it then moves onto 2nd you then select 2nd etc.you will prob have to roll bike to select,i did it in a slope.when all 5 have been selected gipro will move on to 6th gear,at this point you should press the button again.then its all done...

gipro

yeah mine did too,but for some reason it lost the plot one day and 3,4,+5 just read 4th on gipro..alls well now tho.

yeah.when 1 flashes in learn mode you then select 1st gear it memorises it then moves onto 2nd you then select 2nd etc.you will prob have to roll bike to select,i did it in a slope.when all 5 have been selected gipro will move on to 6th gear,at this point you should press the button again.then its all done...

does it automatically default to 3rd gear tuning then, or do u have to do something else then?
thanks!

Back