GiPro Digital gear indicator

hogweed

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket III 2004
Who has fitted a GiPro gear indicator to their bike and would it affect my Ecu Map that is already set to 100% power in all gears,are they easy to fit?
Options please.
Cheers

There have been tons of threads on the GiPro, mainly used only as a gear indicator. A quick search would probably bring up more info than you would ever want on the subject.

bob

Who has fitted a GiPro gear indicator to their bike and would it affect my Ecu Map that is already set to 100% power in all gears,are they easy to fit?
Options please.
Cheers

OK I see they no longer advertise anything but the BIG ATRE version. And they are now ALL THE SAME SIZE.

But ime Healtech respond fairly well to emails and questions. I would write and ask about a DS version

The ATRE is NOT difficult to fit - BUT it can be fiddly as you have to remove pins from connectors and the access is limited. Also tbh one of my biggest issues with the ATRE was finding somewhere to fit it - it's not small.

IME I hardly used it. I even took it off for a while. But since moving to MAP based tuning I do find myself checking more often as the bike is so much smoother.

Last edited:
5868C83A-EE6B-466E-9EBC-308FB3728CE0.jpeg

I have had my one fitted for years ... I would be without it now

Cheers lads.

Shouldn't affect your map, but I use it for the ATRE only, and have the device nestled under the seat. Figure I can count to five, and a quick glance down to the rpm gauge if I forget.

I went with the Gearingo gear indicator. Gearingo Gear Indicator It attaches to the handle bar. It plugs into the diagnostic plug under the seat. Here is how they describe it. I like it a lot.

Fast and Accurate

The indicator is always correct and displays the gear without any delay, including when stopped and skipping gears. The Gearingo was designed to take advantage of Triumph's advanced technology, and displays the gear information from the motorcycle's built-in gear position sensor located in the crankcase.

Plug & Play Install
Secure the Gearingo either below or above the handlebar with two screws, route the cable to the side panel or under your seat, and then plug the attached cable into the diagnostic connector. The indicator does not need to be calibrated like old-fashioned units, you don't need to watch an installation video, or modify your bike in any way: plug it in and ride.

Auto ON/OFF
The Gearingo communicates with the ECM module allowing it to turn on and off automatically with the ignition key, there are no switches or buttons to press. The Gearingo has a unique micro power design making it always ready for you to jump on your bike and ride.

Display Battery Voltage
Do you worry about your battery, wondering if it's time to put it on a battery tender? Every time you turn the ignition key on the Gearingo will accurately display the battery voltage, and the Gearingo can also warn you of a low voltage when you turn the key off, to make sure that you never forget to charge your battery.

Thanks, I'm having a look at this one as well .

PZRacing GearTronic Zero Gear Indicator Triumph 2004 Rocket III 2300cc GT3100-T1

I went with the Gearingo gear indicator. Gearingo Gear Indicator It attaches to the handle bar. It plugs into the diagnostic plug under the seat. Here is how they describe it. I like it a lot.

Fast and Accurate

The indicator is always correct and displays the gear without any delay, including when stopped and skipping gears. The Gearingo was designed to take advantage of Triumph's advanced technology, and displays the gear information from the motorcycle's built-in gear position sensor located in the crankcase.

Plug & Play Install
Secure the Gearingo either below or above the handlebar with two screws, route the cable to the side panel or under your seat, and then plug the attached cable into the diagnostic connector. The indicator does not need to be calibrated like old-fashioned units, you don't need to watch an installation video, or modify your bike in any way: plug it in and ride.

Auto ON/OFF
The Gearingo communicates with the ECM module allowing it to turn on and off automatically with the ignition key, there are no switches or buttons to press. The Gearingo has a unique micro power design making it always ready for you to jump on your bike and ride.

Display Battery Voltage
Do you worry about your battery, wondering if it's time to put it on a battery tender? Every time you turn the ignition key on the Gearingo will accurately display the battery voltage, and the Gearingo can also warn you of a low voltage when you turn the key off, to make sure that you never forget to charge your battery.

Looks good but I would probably get stung for the import duty.

Back