GIPro-ATRE Mount Design

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Well...Merry Christmas to me! I've been working on my Healtech GIPro-ATRE mount for my Rocket touring over the last several days and finally finished it up today. I thought I would post some pictures of the design and how it will be mounted. It is mounted between the two halves the handlebar clamp with space to spare for full tightening of the clamp. The aluminum was tough to bend and the mount sets just a little higher than I wanted above the handlebar clamp, but I am not about to do it all over again. Perhaps a more compact redesign will take place at a later date as I am currently sick of working on it!

I used some .062 ...303 aluminum sheet, a small piece of .187 x 1.500 flat bar, and did a lot of cutting, bending, drilling, filing, sanding and buffing. I split a grommet for the cable feed through the hole I drilled. The flat bar is mounted to the bracket on the back side with 2 flat head screws and the custom cover I fashioned is held on with 4 stainless 4-40 allen head screws. I'm still looking for some 4-40 button head screws. It cost less than $20 to make, but took about 8 hours of my time since it was my first effort. My redesign will go faster.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

A rare 50 degrees in Michigan today, so I took advantage of the weather and I installed the GIPro today. Nothing like the soft glow of neon blue electric sex...I mean display. I like it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 2
Very Nice!!!!! I just attached velcro and mounted it on the top triple between the winshield and handlebar clamp....LOL. I like yours better :D

mutt

Very Nice!!!!! I just attached velcro and mounted it on the top triple between the winshield and handlebar clamp....LOL. I like yours better :D

mutt

Thanks Kmutt!...I wish I could have done that, but it's just not part of my nature. I gotta make it shine. Lol

When I saw yours I thought mine had resurfaced, simular stainless steel mounting suits the Touring set up
photo.JPG

Your mounting looks cool as well...a perfect location, but as you can see...I couldn't mount mine forward of the handlebar clamp. When I run my Corbin fairing on my bike, the dashboard I made for it would be in the way. I haven't had a chance to try out the TRE function of the unit yet, but I'll know next spring if it makes a difference. Some forums say the 1st to 3rd restrictions were removed on the 2013-2014 models. No proof of that...it's all conjecture, hearsay from what I can tell and nothing definitive. Show me the Triumph service bulletin and the serial numbers they started with and then I'll believe it! Triumph is closed mouth about everything. As for adding a tach as some have mentioned, I found I only used the tach on my Harley to keep track of what gear I was in. A cool looking add on, but for me I don't need it. Did I say I love the blue display! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 1
Back