GIPro ATRE Gearshift Indicator Questions

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
I have been reading several posts about this topic on the forum, but I looking for some specifics.

Has anyone installed the GIPro ATRE on their Rocket 3 Touring? I ran across several discussions for this item on the forum and did some research on it. It seems like a pretty cost effective add on for my 2013 Rocket 3 Touring. The gear shift indicator, plus the added timing retard eliminator would most likely improve the 1-3 performance a bit. Be aware, I'm not thinking about buying it with great expectations for improved performance but rather I would like to better know the gear I am in. I'm old and sometimes I forget to count. Some people have indicated that the 1-3 restrictions have been remove, but I have never ever found proof positive that Triumph has ever done so!

Reading over the install manual, I am led to believe it simply ties into the neutral switch harness on the touring model. My assumption is....the neutral switch serves also as the gear position sensor, GPS, people refer too? Since the touring model DOES NOT indicate (other than neutral) the gear shift positions on the instrument panel, I am curious to know if it works. Based on the manual, It appears that the Roadster model DOES indicate the shift position on its display. Checking the compatibility on the makers website, they indicate it works with my 2013 Rocket 3 touring. This makes me believe that the capability for sensing the gear positions is there on the touring model. but just not incorporated into the current display. What are your feelings pro or con on this device?

I've had one on my '09 Standard for years. Can't think of any reason it wouldn't work on a Touring. It connects in to the wiring from the GPS. Derestricts the bike and shows me what gear I'm in. One of the simplest and most useful mods you can do to a non-Roadster.

Some people have indicated that the 1-3 restrictions have been remove, but I have never ever found proof positive that Triumph has ever done so!

I may be wrong, but I think the restrictions were only removed on the roadster, the touring stayed
as it was ?.

Yep they work on the touring ,removing the retardation on 1/2/3 gear making a smoother low speed run in the lower gears it was the first modification I did to my 2011 R3T

Cheap and better - simply get a TuneECU cable and the free software.

I discovered this after fitting one. Mine is ONLY used as a gear indicator and I'm pretty sure it'll be coming off over winter.

I find the GPI handy I didn't see the sense in removing after I had the bike remapped at the Dyno centre .

I have it on already for years. It helps being a gear indicator, no more no less,
I have the Bike remapped with tune ecu but did a dyno run to be sure it works perfect and that is what she does already for years.

Ballyono

I have been reading several posts about this topic on the forum, but I looking for some specifics.

Has anyone installed the GIPro ATRE on their Rocket 3 Touring? I ran across several discussions for this item on the forum and did some research on it. It seems like a pretty cost effective add on for my 2013 Rocket 3 Touring. The gear shift indicator, plus the added timing retard eliminator would most likely improve the 1-3 performance a bit. Be aware, I'm not thinking about buying it with great expectations for improved performance but rather I would like to better know the gear I am in. I'm old and sometimes I forget to count. Some people have indicated that the 1-3 restrictions have been remove, but I have never ever found proof positive that Triumph has ever done so!

Reading over the install manual, I am led to believe it simply ties into the neutral switch harness on the touring model. My assumption is....the neutral switch serves also as the gear position sensor, GPS, people refer too? Since the touring model DOES NOT indicate (other than neutral) the gear shift positions on the instrument panel, I am curious to know if it works. Based on the manual, It appears that the Roadster model DOES indicate the shift position on its display. Checking the compatibility on the makers website, they indicate it works with my 2013 Rocket 3 touring. This makes me believe that the capability for sensing the gear positions is there on the touring model. but just not incorporated into the current display. What are your feelings pro or con on this device?

Do the tune ecu you won't regret it.

Helps me immensely while in the hills. So easy to click twice or three times .... or did I just click twice?.....

Back